Happy Monday loves! I think it’s safe to say we all want quick and easy fixes for those beauty blunders we run into from time to time. Over the years, I’ve picked up on quite a few beauty hacks that have been oh so helpful on my hair and makeup learning journey. Today I wanted to share ten of my favorite beauty hacks that I use so that you can get in on the secrets too!
10 Beauty Hacks You Need to Know
- Before applying matte lipsticks, get rid of dryness by brushing the lips with a slightly damp toothbrush. Using a toothbrush is a great, inexpensive option for exfoliating the lips.
- Use hair conditioner to shave your legs for an extremely close shave. Not only will your legs feel super smooth afterwards, but the conditioner also serves as a moisturizer on the skin.
- When faced with the issue of static in the winter months, run a dryer sheet under your shirt/dress to instantly eliminate static electricity. You can also run it over your hairbrush to get rid of frizz/static in your brush.
- Use clear scotch tape to create the perfect winged liner or winged eyeshadow look like this one. Before applying the tape at an angle near the eyes, place on the back of the hand 2-3 times to get rid of stickiness. This will give the tape just the right amount of hold to create your makeup look.
- To quicken up the drying process of your freshly painted nails, run them under cold water. You can also soak them in a bowl full of ice water.
- After wearing a heavy eye makeup look, use Vaseline or coconut oil on a cotton ball to gently remove products from the eye. Not only is this less harsh than other methods, but it’s one of the most effective ways to ensure all the product is removed.
- Use pencil eyeliners and love the smudged liner look? Grab a lighter and heat the pencil up for 2-3 seconds, then allow it to cool for at least 30 seconds. Once cool, the pencil should glide right on to achieve the desired look.
- Using a q-tip, apply a layer of translucent powder all over the eyelashes. Next, apply 2 coats of mascara to achieve the look of long, thick, gorgeous lashes.
- Purchase a foundation that is too dark/too light? Mix it with another foundation to achieve the perfect color. If the product is too dark, a moisturizer can be added to lighten the product as well.
- Spray bobby pins, headbands, barrettes, and other hair accessories with hair spray prior to putting in the hair. This will ensure the accessories remain in place all day long.
Are these beauty hacks new to you? What other helpful tips would you add to the list? Share them with me in the comments and pin this if you found it helpful!
Thanks for stopping by!-Cara
Are you following me on Twitter yet?