Hey Everyone! Hope you had a wonderful weekend and were able to enjoy some time off during the Christmas/New Years holiday.
Now that we’ve moved into the colder weather months, scarves have officially been added as a staple to my wardrobe. I love how scarves can not only keep you warm, but they can easily pull together the look of any outfit.
Even the most casual look, like the one I’m wearing below, can instantly look more chic with the addition of a scarf.
Although I’ve loved scarves for many years, I must confess that it has taken me awhile to get the full hang of tying/styling them. To be honest, if it wasn’t for youtube videos, I probably would have never learned- haha!
So today I thought I would share with you 3 super easy ways to style a scarf, with step-by-step instructions.
Let’s get started!
First, of course you will need a scarf.
I received this one from Kohls for Christmas and it is 30″ wide x 72″ long.
The Modern One Loop
1. Take your scarf and hold it out straight in front of you
2. Place the middle of the scarf in front of your neck
3. Overlap one side over the other behind your neck, grabbing the opposite ends with your hands
4. Bring forward the ends of the scarf and loosen the area around your neck as desired
The European Loop
1. Fold the scarf in half, length-wise
2. Place scarf behind your neck, leaving the loop side shorter than the other end
3. Pull longer side through the loop and adjust tightness as desired
The Infinity Scarf
1. Grab scarf on opposite ends
2. Tie the ends together in a small, tight loop
3. Place over head, tucking the tied loop under in the back
4. Twist the loop and pull over head, adjusting the tightness of the loops as desired
And there you have it! 3 super easy ways to style a scarf for an instantly chic and cozy look!
What is your favorite way to wear a scarf? Leave me a comment and let me know what you thought of today’s tutorial! 🙂
Thanks for Stopping By and Have a Wonderful Week!- Cara