To help brighten your Monday morning and get you jump started on your holiday shopping, I’ve rounded up 7 beautiful eye shadow palettes that any makeup lover would love to receive this Christmas season.
When choosing the palettes for this list I tried to be mindful of every budget out there and included both high end palettes as well as drugstore options. I will also add that all of the products on this list are of great quality and have received high reviews in the beauty community.
Let’s get started!
1. Lorac Mega Pro Palette 2 $59 at Ulta
- Includes 16 Shimmer Eye Shadows including Sugar, Chiffon, Prosecco, Soft Plum, Cinnamon, Sandstone, Gunmetal, Blue Quartz, Moonlight, Seashell, Peony, Dark Sienna, Penny Olivine, Gold Leaf, and Black Ivy
- Includes 16 Matte Eye Shadows including Porcelain, Custard, Tawny, Burlap, Melon, Tangerine, Saddle, Forest, Bisque, Lavender, Purple, Sorbet, Goji, Cabernet, Ash, and Black
As mentioned in a previous post, I own both the Lorac Pro Palette and Lorac Pro Palette 2 and I’m a huge fan of Lorac eye shadows. Each palette always has a great variety of matte shades and shimmer shades, and the pigmentation is always awesome. The quality of these eye shadows really cannot be beat and this is at the top of my holiday wishlist. (Be on the lookout for a full blown review of this product soon!)
2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Self Made Palette $35 at Ulta
- Includes 14 eye shadows with a mix of matte and shimmer. Shades include Pink Champagne, Metallic Plum, Self-Made, Witchy, Blush, Blossom, Buttery, Deep Purple, Treasure, Hot & Cold, Sherbet, Isla, Spirit Rock, and Hot Chocolate
I’m really impressed with the array of shades that this palette includes. In my opinion, this palette can easily be used year round as it offers a versatile selection of colors for every season. Pink Champagne, Deep Purple, Isla, and Buttery really stand out to me and would make for some beautiful eye makeup looks.
3. Sonia Kashuk Eye Couture Seasonal Palette in Neutral Shimmer $19.99 at Target
- Includes 12 Neutral Shimmer Eyeshadows
One of my favorite things about Sonia Kashuk eye shadows is the soft texture and the formula’s blend-ability. The matte version of this palette is available year round at Target, but when I saw this seasonal palette I was so enamored with all of the beautiful gold and brown shades that I had to add it to my list of recommendations.
4. Urban Decay Vice 4 Eye Shadow Palette $60 at Ulta
- Includes 20 beautiful and electrifying shades including Bones, Grip, Deadbeat, Beat Down, Pandemonium, Framed, Fast-Ball, 1985, Underhand, Harlot, Discreet, Grasshopper, C-Note, Arctic, Robbery, Bitter, Flame, Low, Crowbar, and Delete
I really love the packaging of this palette and I would love to get my hands on all of these shades-especially 1985, Fastball, and Flame. Some users have mentioned that a few of the glittery shades have fall-out, but one way to avoid this when working with glitters is to simply tap the end of your brush to get off any excess before applying it to the skin. I’ve also found that a good eyeshadow base helps keep the eye shadow in place. If you don’t typically go for glittery shadows, this may not be the palette for you, but all in all this is a beautiful set for those who like bright colors.
5. Elf Day to Night Eyeshadow Palette (Party Ready) $10 at Elf Cosmetics
- Includes 10 eyeshadows in both bold and subtle shades
Most people automatically assume that makeup by Elf Cosmetics is low quality due to the low price tag, but I have to disagree. Although there are some products by this brand that I haven’t been blown away with, there are also several products out there that are amazing, and the fact that it is extremely light on the wallet only makes it that much better! This palette is no exception to the rule, and offers 10 beautiful shadows in a variety of colors. At $10 it is the lowest priced palette in the list, and would be a great gift for someone who really loves playing with different eye makeup looks.
6. Smashbox Art. Love. Color. Master Class $65 at Sephora
- Includes 6 Blushes, 2 Highlighters, and 8 Get-the-look Instructions
- Includes 32 Photo Op Eye Shadows including Sand, Java, Gypsy, Naked, Oxidize, Custard, Spruce, Charmed, Nutmeg, Torch, Zoom, Candy, Alabaster, Goldenrod, Sea, Framboise, Gold, Harbor, Ebony, Sky, Steel, Breeze, Smoke, Nile, Cement, Celestial, Silver Moon, Azure, Cosmic, Eggplant, Pacific & Orchid
I am just blown away with the packaging of this palette. It’s so beautiful and artistic! Beyond the packaging, the colors of the eye shadows themselves are stunning and appear to be highly pigmented. I have not yet tried eye shadows by Smashbox, so I can’t really offer a full opinion here, but if I base it solely off of appearance, this one is a knockout. Has anyone tried this out yet?
7. Coastal Scents Revealed 1, 2, or 3 Palette $13.50 each at Amazon
- Includes 20 shadow colors in matte and shimmer shades
Last but not least, I have to add the Coastal Scents Revealed palettes to the list. The original Revealed is more of a neutral palette featuring several brown shades, nudes, blues, and black. Revealed 2 is gorgeous in my book and reminds me of the colors of fall with berry shades, golds, and coppers. Lastly, Revealed 3 palette features pinks, purples, and even some yellow shades that would be very pretty for party looks. At this price, you could literally purchase all three and still spend only around $40, making it a great deal.
Which of these palettes do you like the most? Do you have another eyeshadow palette in mind for Christmas? Leave me a comment and let me know!
Thanks for stopping by!