Today I’m sharing The Best Affordable Makeup & Beauty Products of 2017, including several products that I use on the daily!
*This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase any of the items mentioned in this post Kindly Unspoken will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for helping keep my site up and running!
The Best Affordable Makeup & Beauty Products of 2017
Happy New Year lovelies! I’m super excited today to be sharing The Best Makeup & Beauty Products of 2017- all of which are great quality and super affordable. Many of these products are best-sellers and rightfully so- they’re awesome!
I like creating these types of posts for you all because I know how seriously overwhelming it can sometimes be trying to decide on which products to purchase at the drugstore when there is so much to choose from. (#makeupoverwhelmisreal)
These makeup and beauty products are what I found to be the best of the best this year in terms of quality and coverage and I personally use and love all of these products! And in case you still have any beauty gift cards left to spend from Christmas, I’m sharing links of all the products below for easy shopping!
The Best Affordable Makeup & Beauty Products of 2017
Best Affordable Foundation
Maybelline Super Stay Full Coverage Foundation– This full-coverage foundation has such a pretty finish and I always get so many compliments when wearing it. Unlike other full coverage foundations that can be heavy on the skin, this product does a perfect job of staying lightweight while still providing amazing coverage! (Tip: It can be hard to find in drugstores, so I recommend buying from Ulta)
- Runner-up: Loreal Infallible Total Cover Foundation– Another great full-coverage foundation with a light-weight, almost mousse-like consistency that feels great on the skin. Love wearing this one in the warmer months.
Best Affordable Concealer
Tarte Shape Tape Concealer– I already raved about this product in my 20 Christmas Gifts For The Beauty Lover post, but if you haven’t yet jumped on the bandwagon, do it. This by far has the BEST coverage out of any concealers I’ve ever tried and it will definitely cover any dark circles or redness that you have. It is $27, which I know is pricier than a lot of drugstore concealers you can find, but it’s worth paying a little bit extra for the quality in my opinion.
- Runner-up: Wet n’ Wild Photo Focus Concealer – Only $4 and has AMAZING coverage! I wear this one for everyday looks and it’s a definite fave in my collection.
Read Next: Top 5 Under Eye Concealers for Dark Circles
Best Affordable Blush
Pixi By Petra + Aspynovard Glow-y Powder in Rome Rose– I can’t say enough good things about this blush. The color is gorgeous, is universally flattering, and the little specks of shimmer in it just add the perfect touch to your skin. (Check out my full review with swatches over here)
- Runner-up: Milani Illuminating Face Powder Beauty’s Touch – Can’t go wrong with Milani blushes and this multi-colored one is perfect for adding a beautiful rosy glow to the cheeks!
Read Next: The 10 Best Drugstore Blushes Under $10
Best Affordable Contouring Palette
Wet n’ Wild Mega Glow Contouring Palette- I’ve used this product for 3 years straight and it still hasn’t let me down. The contour shade is the perfect shade for defining the face and the powder consistency glides on seamlessly.
- Runner-up: Pixi Strobe & Bronze Palette- If you can spend just a little more, this Pixi palette doubles for contouring and highlighting and has the absolute prettiest shades! (You can see all the colors + swatches over here)
Best Affordable Highlighter
Wet n’ Wild Mega Glow Highlighting Powder– Another epic hit from Wet n’ Wild is of course their Mega Glow Highlighting Powders. These beautiful golds and champagnes give you that perfect glow when highlighting the cheekbone, and needless to say they’re a serious steal at $5 each!
- Runner-up: Maybelline Face Studio Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter in Molten Gold– This highlighter is so pretty for adding a sun-kissed shimmer to the skin- especially in the warmer months! I love applying it to the cheekbones, tip of my nose, and brow bone area for a beautiful glow!
Best Affordable Eyeshadow Palette
Morphe Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette– I know I’ve mentioned this product at least a dozen times this year, but it truly is an amazing palette full of so many versatile colors. From beautiful mattes to stunning shimmers, there’s a little something for every eye makeup look you could possibly dream of creating throughout the year! If you still need some persuading, check out my in-depth review of the palette over here with swatches of all 35 gorgeous shades.
- Runner-up: Pixi Get the Look “It’s Eye Time” Palette– This $25 palette has beautiful colors and all the shades you need for creating simple everyday eye looks or sexy smoky eyes. I reach for this palette all the time! (Check out one of the eyeshadow looks I created with this palette over here)
Best Affordable Mascara
L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara– For the longest time the L’Oreal Telescopic Mascara has been my holy grail, but the Lash Paradise Mascara has quickly became a new favorite of mine. Not only does it lengthen and darken lashes for adding a bold impact, but it does an incredible job of curling and lifting the lashes for that flirty look that every girl loves!
- Runner-up: Essence Cosmetics Lash Princess Sculpted Volume Mascara– This mascara is truly amazing at curling and defining the lashes and at less than $5 you can’t beat the value!
Best Affordable Eyeliner
Wet n’ Wild Pro-line Felt Tip Liner– Applying eyeliner doesn’t have to be hard with this amazing felt tip liner from Wet n’ Wild! The pointed tip makes creating thin or thick eyeliner looks incredibly easy and it seriously lasts all day long- even better than some of the high end liners that you’ll pay a lot more for!
- Runner-up: Essence Cosmetics Eyeliner Pen– Another great drugstore eyeliner that literally glides right on and is perfect for achieving a winged look! Plus it’s only $3!
Best Eyebrow Pencil
Nyx Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil– I’m SO glad I listened to all my wonderful readers and tried out this brow pencil, because before I was paying $30 a pop for the ABH one, and let me tell you- this one works just as amazing! It’s a 100% dupe and at only $10 it’s a total steal. If you’re still paying for high end brow pencils- STOP and try this one instead. You can thank me later! 😉
- Runner-up: Maybelline Eye Studio Brow Precise Micro– This affordable brow pencil is another great option, is super precise, and is great for quickly filling in brows! Plus it’s only $6!
Best Affordable Makeup Brush Set
Real Techniques Illuminate & Accentuate Set– This set from Real Techniques has all the essentials including a bronzer brush, a contour brush, 2 of their best sponges for applying foundation and concealer, and 3 amazing eye shadow brushes. Plus the colors of the handles are so pretty!
- Runner-up: e.l.f. Luxe Brush Collection – This 8 piece set is perfect for beginners and I currently use so many of the e.l.f. professional brushes in my collection!
Best Affordable Lip Product
Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick– In terms of lipsticks, Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte lipsticks can’t be beat. The colors are gorgeous, last all day, and the creamy matte formula has the most beautiful matte finish with just a touch of glossiness.
- Runner-up: Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick– For liquid lipsticks, the Revlon ColorStay collection is the best of the best in terms of affordability, staying power, and color! Even better- they don’t dry your lips out like a lot of liquid lipsticks.
Best Affordable Nail Polish
Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish– By far the best drugstore nail polish around! Not only are the colors beautiful but it’s also a long-lasting finish! I am always able to get a week’s wear out of this polish, which is awesome! (I’m rough on my nails too because I’m always typing)
- Runner-up: Sinful Colors Professional Nail Color – I’m a fan of this brand simply for the amazing color selection. I can always find the prettiest shades and despite the low price tag they wear really well!
Best Affordable Makeup Remover
Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 Cleanser & Makeup Remover– Last but not least I can’t forget the best products for removing makeup! This cleanser and makeup remover is my absolute favorite and it leaves nothing behind! I’m always amazed at how easily it removes all the makeup on my face and leaves my skin feeling refreshed afterwards.
- Runner-up: e.l.f. Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths – In terms of makeup wipes, these affordable cleansing cloths from e.l.f. are great for removing heavy eye makeup and are perfect for traveling!
Shop the Post!
And that’s a wrap for The Best Affordable Makeup & Beauty Products of 2017! I hope you enjoyed today’s post and found some new products that you’d like to try out very soon. Let me know if there’s any other favorites of yours that I didn’t mention- I always love hearing your all’s recommendations too!
Quick side-note: I updated my blog theme over the weekend- yay! It was time for a fresh look and I love how chic and girly it all looks! That being said, I’m still trying to work out all the kinks that comes with doing updates. Please bear with me if anything looks a little wonky for a few days. I’ll get it all prettied up ASAP, I promise! 😉
Have an awesome Monday, and thanks for stopping by! – Cara
P.S. Love this post? Then save it for later! 🙂