These Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft, thick, chewy, and bursting with delicious peanut butter and mini chocolate chips for the best cookies ever!
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (reserve some for the tops of the cookies)
- Start by placing your softened butter in a large mixing bowl and cream together with the creamy peanut butter until smooth. I like using electric hand mixer for this part, but you can also do it by hand.
- Add in brown sugar and sugar and mix together until creamy. Add room temperature eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Next, begin adding in your flour 1/2 cup at a time until fully incorporated and your cookie dough has formed.
- Stir in your chocolate chips, reserving some of the chocolate chips to add to the tops of the cookies before baking, if desired.
- Cover cookie dough with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight to chill.
- Remove chilled cookie dough from refrigerator and preheat oven to 375.
- Using a small cookie scoop like this one place cookie dough balls evenly spaced apart on a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. If desired, add on a few chocolate chips to the tops of each cookie dough ball.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until the sides and tops are lightly golden. Times may vary and require less or more time depending on your oven.
- Once fully baked, remove from the oven and let cool on the pan for 3 minutes, before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool for 7 minutes.
- Serve cookies warm and store any leftovers in an airtight container.
- You can use salted or unsalted butter in this recipe, I just prefer salted for this one.
- This recipe makes A LOT of cookies, so you can easily make a half batch which makes about 23 cookies. Just cut down to 1 stick butter, 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla, 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, 1 tbsp + 2 1/4 tsp sugar, 1/4 cup light brown sugar, 1 cup of chocolate chips, and 1 cup, 1 tbsp + 1 tsp flour.
Keywords: cookies, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies, easy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, best peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip peanut butter cookies, easy cookies, best cookies, cookie recipe