This delicious and easy coconut pineapple bread will have you thinking you’re on a tropical island! It’s made simple with crushed pineapple, toasted coconut, and a yellow cake mix.
Coconut Pineapple Bread
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg ((can substitute cinnamon, if desired))
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut (sweetened)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp flaked coconut, toasted ((or more, if desired))
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pineapple, milk, eggs, and nutmeg. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on high for 2 minutes. Stir in coconut and pour into two greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 325 for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For glaze, combine sugar and milk in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over loaves. Using your oven’s broiler setting, spread a thin layer of coconut on a cookie sheet and lightly toast int he oven, watching closely to ensure it doesn’t burn. Once it starts turning a light brown color, remove from oven. Sprinkle over the icing and enjoy!