Looking for the best homemade biscuit recipe? These Easy 3 Ingredient Self-Rising Flour Biscuits are soft, fluffy, and buttery delicious! You only need 3 ingredients and they bake in just 15 minutes time.
- 4 Cups Self-Rising Flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 Stick Salted Butter (or 1 stick unsalted butter + 1/4 tsp salt)
- 2– 2 1/2 Cups Cold Milk or Buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp Oil (for the cast iron pan)
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter for the top of the biscuits
- First, place a large mixing bowl, box grater, biscuit cutter, flour, and 1 stick of butter into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Next preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and place a large cast-iron skillet into the oven to preheat.
- In a large, chilled mixing bowl, add 4 cups of self rising flour and set aside. Working quickly, grate your frozen butter and add into your flour. Stir together until evenly combined.
- Next, add in 2 cups of milk or buttermilk and stir until just combined. If the dough seems too dry, add additional milk until the dough forms. The dough will be lumpy and tacky to the touch.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and press out until it’s 3/4″ thick. Next, fold the dough to create layers in your biscuits. Fold the dough over half-way, push out again, fold over, and repeat 2-3 times.
- Next use a rolling pin and roll the dough smooth back out to 3/4″ thick. Use a large biscuit cutter to cut out 8-10 biscuits. Make sure you avoid twisting the biscuit cutter, and instead firmly press the biscuit cutter down into the dough and pull up straight to ensure your biscuits will rise nice and high. *
- Carefully remove the cast iron skillet from the oven and add 1 tbsp oil to evenly coat the pan on the bottom and sides. Place the biscuits into the hot skillet right beside one another, and if desired brush the tops with 2 tbsp melted butter using a pastry brush.
- Bake the biscuits for 15 minutes or until they are a beautiful golden brown. Serve warm and enjoy!
- Use extra biscuit dough for making more biscuits in a separate pan or make them into yummy biscuit donut holes (recipe coming soon!)
- Store leftover biscuits in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or freeze in a freezer safe bag up to 3 months.
Keywords: self rising flour biscuits, 3 ingredient biscuits, homemade biscuits, easy biscuits, easy biscuit recipe, self rising biscuits, buttermilk biscuits, easy self rising flour biscuit recipe