Try my Best Crockpot BBQ Chicken for the most delicious, tender, flavorful, easy slow cooker BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches you’ll ever eat!
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, with fat trimmed off
- 1 1/4 cup barbecue sauce (We love sweet Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ)
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing (I use fat-free)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- First liberally spray the inside of a large crockpot or slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, season your trimmed boneless, skinless chicken breasts with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder, and place in the bottom of your crockpot.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add barbecue sauce, Italian dressing, light brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk until combined.
- Pour mixture evenly over chicken breasts, place the lid on the crockpot, and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
- Use this meat thermometer to ensure chicken is cooked to 165 degrees internal temperature.
- Once fully cooked, you can either serve whole or use two forks to shred chicken. I like to shred it right in the crockpot to soak up all the extra chicken marinade and BBQ sauce.
- Serve on buns for delicious BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches or serve on pizza, salad, tacos, nachos, over rice, or by itself. Enjoy!
To Store: Leftover shredded crockpot BBQ chicken can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
To Freeze: Place leftover shredded crockpot BBQ Chicken in an airtight freezer-safe container or Ziploc bag and freeze for up to 3 months. If desired, you can freeze smaller portions for quick and easy lunches/dinners. When ready to eat, thaw in the fridge overnight and then re-heat via stovetop over medium heat or in the microwave until warm.
To Re-heat: Chicken can be reheated in individual servings in the microwave or you can heat it all at once in a pot on the stove over medium heat.
Keywords: crockpot bbq chicken, crockpot barbecue chicken, shredded barbecue chicken, pulled chicken, shredded chicken, crockpot bbq chicken recipe, bbq chicken recipe, slow cooker bbq chicken