These are hands-down The Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies! These homemade pumpkin cookies are delicious, soft, fluffy, and so easy to make with self rising flour.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the softened butter in a large mixing bowl and use an electric mixer to mix for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Next, add in the light brown sugar and mix on low/medium speed until combined. Add in egg, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice, and mix until evenly combined and smooth.
- Next, add in the self rising flour in two batches, and mix on low/medium speed being careful to not overmix. I always recommend to stop using the electric mixer when you still see some of the flour in the batter, and switching to stirring gently by hand.
- Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips until evenly combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop and place cookie dough evenly spaced apart on your parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- If desired, top your pumpkin cookies with extra chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cookies are a light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Storage Instructions
Counter – Because pumpkin naturally has a lot of moisture in it, it is best to store these easy pumpkin cookies at room temperature in a loosely sealed container. I recommend loosely covering with aluminum foil.
Freezer – Freeze any leftover pumpkin cookies in single layers in a freezer safe bag or storage container and separate with parchment paper to avoid sticking. Cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months. To eat, thaw at room temperature or heat in the microwave for 30 second intervals until warm.
Keywords: pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, best pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, easy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, soft pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin cookies, soft pumpkin cookies, pumpkin and chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin cookies self rising flour, self rising flour cookies