Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Buckeye Brownie Cookies are fudge brownie cookies topped with creamy peanut butter balls and melted chocolate. These sweet treats are delicious and decadent just like Ohio buckeye candy and great to make for Christmas, holidays, or year-round!
Fudge Brownie Cookies
- 1 Box Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (unsalted)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (full fat or 1/3 fat recommended)
- 1 large egg
Peanut Butter Balls
- 3/4 cup powdered (confectioners) sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (use regular, not natural)
- 1/2 cup chocolate melting wafers or chocolate chips, melted
- Optional: finely chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, melted butter, softened cream cheese, and egg with an electric mixer until just combined.
- Use a small, medium, or large cookie scoop to scoop onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. This recipe will yield 14-24 cookies, depending on size of scoop.
- Bake in the oven for 9-12 minutes or until the edges of the brownie cookies are set. Do not overbake.
- While the cookies are baking, prepare your peanut butter balls by combining creamy peanut butter and powdered sugar until evenly combined. Form mixture into enough 1 inch balls to top each of your cookies.
- Remove cookies from the oven and immediately press a peanut butter ball gently into the center of each cookie. The peanut butter mixture will soften slightly.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and place on top of a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Let the brownie cookies cool for an additional 10 minutes, then top each brownie cookie with melted chocolate, leaving some of the peanut butter still showing to resemble a “buckeye”. If needed, use the back of the spoon to smooth on top.
- If desired, add finely chopped peanuts on top of the wet chocolate for an added crunch.
- Let the chocolate fully set up on each of the brownie cookies before eating or storing.
Store leftover buckeye brownie cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Freeze prepared cookies for up to 3 months by wrapping them individually in plastic wrap and storing in a freezer-safe container or bag.
Once ready to eat, let them thaw to room temperature and enjoy!
Keywords: buckeye brownie cookies, chocolate peanut butter brownie cookies, peanut butter chocolate brownie cookies, fudge brownie cookies, chewy brownie cookies, peanut butter and brownie cookies, buckeye cookies, buckeye brownies, buckeye candy