Try my Best Chex Muddy Buddies Recipe for the most delicious and easy puppy chow snack mix you’ll ever eat! These muddy buddies are a yummy no-bake, gluten-free treat and made healthier with less sugar.
- 4 1/2 cups Chex cereal (rice Chex or corn Chex)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and vanilla extract.
- Melt in the microwave for 1 minute, stir, and then continue to microwave at 30 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Next, pour in your Chex cereal into the bowl and stir gently with a silicone spatula until all of the cereal is fully coated with the chocolate peanut butter mixture.
- Transfer your chocolate coated cereal to a large resealable bag and add in the powdered sugar.
- Seal the bag and gently toss/shake the cereal until it is evenly coated with the powdered sugar.
- Pour cereal out on a baking sheet and let cool/set-up for 30 minutes before eating or storing.*
- This recipe makes a half batch of muddy buddies. To double for a larger batch, simply click the double 2x icon at the top of the recipe.
- *Store leftover muddy buddies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Keywords: muddy buddies, easy muddy buddies, muddy buddies recipe, best muddy buddies, chex muddy buddies, puppy chow, puppy chow recipe, chocolate peanut butter chex