Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies are sweet, buttery, delicious cookies that melt in your mouth! They’re nut-free, egg-free, and so easy to make!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, for rolling
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl combine butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla and mix until fluffy.
- Next, add in salt and flour a little at a time until the dough forms. If you are using a hand mixer, this can take a few minutes so continue mixing until it reaches a dough consistency. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Next, use a small cookie scoop to form about 1 tablespoon size balls of dough. Place on your parchment lined baking sheet and (if needed) refrigerate for 5-10 minutes. Because these cookies don’t spread, you can place them close together. I was able to bake all 14 cookies on one sheet.
- Bake cookies for 8-12 minutes in a preheated oven, until the bottom of your cookies are a light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, or until they are still warm and you can handle them.
- Place 1/4 cup of powdered sugar in a shallow bowl and roll each cookie in the sugar until well coated. If desired, you can coat the cookies again after they have cooled, or if you want less powdered sugar on them, use a sifter and sift on top of the cookies only.
- Enjoy these cookies warm and store any leftover cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
*Make sure to not pack your flour and powdered sugar for this recipe, otherwise your dough will turn out too dry/crumbly. See my tips in the FAQ’s/Troubleshooting section above.
Keywords: snowball cookies, chocolate chip snowball cookies, easy snowball cookies, easy chocolate chip snowball cookies, russian teacakes, russian teacake cookies, powdered sugar cookies