Easy Dutch Oven Apple Crisp is made with diced apples, a delicious buttery cinnamon sugar oat topping, and oven baked to golden perfection.
- 5 medium/large apples peeled and diced (I used 3 Granny Smith and 2 Honeycrisp)
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, cold
- Vanilla Ice Cream or
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a Dutch oven pot or casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, peel and dice apples into bite sized pieces. Place diced apples in a large mixing bowl and combine with lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix until evenly coated and pour into sprayed dutch oven.
- Using the same bowl as before, stir together oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and flour and mix until evenly combined.
- Next add in the cold butter and use a pastry cutter to fold it in the mixture until the butter is pea-sized lumps and the mixture is evenly combined. Sprinkle the crisp topping evenly over the apples.
- Bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes or until it is golden brown and crispy.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
Store leftover baked apple crisp covered tightly or in an airtight container on the countertop for up to 3 days.
To freeze, prepare as directed, cool completely, and freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Once ready to eat, let it thaw overnight, and reheat in the oven at 325 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until warm.
Keywords: dutch oven apple crisp, oven apple crisp, cast iron apple crisp, easy oven apple crisp, baked apple crisp, healthy apple crisp, dutch oven apple crisp recipe, apple crisp recipe, how to make apple crisp in a dutch oven