Try my Easy Baked French Toast Casserole Recipe for a delicious and simple weekend breakfast or holiday brunch for your family. This easy French toast casserole can be made ahead or overnight and is made with crusty brioche bread, topped with a delicious brown sugar cinnamon glaze, and baked to golden perfection in the oven. Serve with maple syrup and powdered sugar!
- 1 loaf of bread (French or Brioche recommended)
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tbsp orange juice (optional)
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Topping
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Maple Syrup
- Powdered Sugar
- Start by spraying a 9×13 baking dish liberally with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, cut or tear your bread into cubes or small pieces and place into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and orange juice and whisk until combined.
- Pour the mixture over your bread cubes and gently fold until combined.
- Transfer coated bread to the prepared glass baking dish, cover, and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- Once ready to bake, remove the casserole dish from the refrigerator and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare your brown sugar cinnamon topping by combining melted butter, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Spoon mixture evenly over the top of your French toast casserole and bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until it is a light golden brown and your desired level of crispiness.
- Place on a wire cooling rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- If desired, top with sifted powdered sugar or a drizzle of this maple syrup and enjoy!
To store – store leftover French toast casserole covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
To freeze – prepare casserole in a freezer safe baking dish or transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Once ready to eat, refrigerate overnight or at least 24 hours before baking. Bake in the oven uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Keywords: french toast casserole, baked french toast casserole, easy french toast casserole, oven french toast casserole, overnight french toast casserole, easy french toast, brown sugar cinnamon french toast