Looking for an easy, moist banana bread recipe? Try my Easy Banana Bread Recipe with Self Rising Flour! It’s simple to make with self raising flour, 2 or 3 bananas, and is so flavorful and delicious. Top with chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or eat it plain!
- 3 medium/large bananas (or 2 medium/large bananas + 3/4 cup applesauce)
- 1 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup oil (any kind works)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp orange juice
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk, or dark)
- 1 tbsp chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- First place your bananas in a large mixing bowl and mash together using a fork or potato masher. Next add in oil, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, orange juice, and applesauce if only using 2 bananas.
- Use a whisk and mix until well combined.
- Next add the self rising flour in increments and gently fold the batter until just combined. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Pour the banana bread batter into a greased loaf pan. If desired, top with chopped nuts and chocolate chips. Bake in the oven for 38-45 minutes, or until the top is lightly golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Immediately place the pan onto a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan and slicing.
- Store leftover banana bread slices in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. To re-heat, place banana bread in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until desired temperature.
Wrap the banana bread in plastic wrap and store in a freezer safe bag for up to 3 months.
Once ready to eat, thaw overnight on the counter to enjoy the next morning, or to enjoy immediately bake the entire loaf in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. You can also re-heat individual slices of banana bread in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until warm.
Keywords: banana bread recipe with self rising flour, self rising flour banana bread, easy banana bread with self rising flour, moist banana bread with self rising flour, banana bread with self raising flour, banana bread no baking soda, banana bread without baking soda, easy banana bread, 2 banana bread recipe