These Easy Cherry Cheesecake Cookies are delicious, buttery cheesecake cookies rolled in graham cracker crumbs, filled with cherry pie filling, and drizzled with white chocolate. These cherry thumbprint cookies are decadent, beautiful, and will be your new favorite cookie to make for Christmas and the holidays!
- 1/2 cup butter (softened at room temperature)
- 8 oz full fat or reduced fat cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- Graham cracker crumbs (4-6 sheets)
- 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese, and sugar with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Next add in your egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, begin folding in the flour 1/2 cup at a time until just incorporated.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate dough for 1-3 hours or up to 24 hours.*
- Once ready to bake, remove dough from the refrigerator and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a medium 1 1/2 tablespoon size cookie scoop, scoop the dough out and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball in graham cracker crumbs and place on a prepared baking sheet, evenly spaced apart.
- Next, using a 1/2 tablespoon size measuring spoon, gently press on the top of each cookie to create a hollow “or thumbprint”. Fill each hollow with cherry pie filling. I recommend filling with 1-3 cherries, depending on how much filling you want in each.
- Place cookies in the oven to bake for 8-12 minutes or until the edges are a light golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- *Chilling the dough helps the cookies keep their shape when baking, instead of spreading out thin.
- Store any leftover cookies in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Keywords: cherry cheesecake cookies, cherry thumbprint cookies, easy cherry cheesecake cookies, cherry cream cheese cookies, cherry cookies, cheesecake cookies, fruit filled cookies, thumbprint cookies