This Easy Hawaiian Pineapple Coconut Poke Cake is so delicious! All you need is a cake mix, crushed pineapple, coconut cream and vanilla pudding, whipped cream, and shredded coconut!
- 1 15.25 oz box French vanilla or yellow cake mix
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained with juice reserved for cake
- 1 3.4 oz package coconut cream instant pudding mix
- 1 3.4 oz vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes, toasted in oven*
- 1 16 oz container frozen whipped topping or 3 cups fresh whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries and/or pineapple slices, for garnish if desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a deep dish 9×13 pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare cake mix according to the box directions, substituting 1 cup of pineapple juice drained from your crushed pineapple instead of water. If you don’t have enough to make 1 cup, add water.
Bake in the oven as instructed or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
Remove cake from oven and place on a cooling rack for 10-15 minutes.
Using the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the cake evenly spaced apart.
With a hand mixer or whisk, beat together milk and pudding mix until it starts to slightly thicken but is still pourable. Stir in the drained pineapple and mix until combined. Pour mixture over warm cake, making sure pudding mixture goes into poked holes. You will have a nice layer of pudding on top, but depending on the size and depth of your dish, you might have some leftover pudding. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour.
- *While the cake is refrigerated, spread your sweetened coconut flakes evenly on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 3 minutes at a time until they reach your desired toast level.
Once set, spread a layer of whipped topping and top with toasted shredded coconut. If desired, garnish with pineapple slices or maraschino cherries.
- Store any leftover cake covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator.
Keywords: Hawaiian poke cake, coconut poke cake, coconut pineapple poke cake, pineapple poke cake, poke cake, easy poke cake, potluck desserts, pineapple coconut cake