Looking for the best iced oatmeal cookies recipe? Look no further! These iced oatmeal cookies are soft, chewy, and absolutely delicious!
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter (softened)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2–3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup (optional*)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine softened butter, sugar, and brown sugar, and stir until well-combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and stir well. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Gradually add dry ingredients into wet until completely combined.
- Add 2 cups of old fashioned oats to a food processor and pulse 5-8 times.*
- Stir your oats into your cookie dough until well incorporated.
- Scoop dough onto parchment paper lined baking sheet using a small or medium sized cookie dough scoop to form a smooth round ball. Gently press down the tops of each cookie with the bottom of a glass before baking.
- Bake in oven for 12-14 minutes, or until bottoms are lightly golden.
- Allow cookies to cool completely on a cooling rack before covering with icing.
- Combine powdered sugar, milk, and corn syrup in a small bowl. Whisk until well-combined. If icing is too thick, add more milk as needed until you reach a drizzle consistency.
- Carefully dip the tops of each cookie into the icing and let excess drip down before turning over and placing the iced side up on a cooling rack. I recommend putting a baking sheet or piece of parchment paper underneath to catch any drips.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for at least an hour or two before transferring to an air tight container for storage.
*Light corn syrup will create a more shiny glaze, but can be omitted if desired.
*Avoid over-pulsing the oats and only pulse 5-8 times to barely break them up. The oats are what create the soft, chewy texture that’s so delicious.
Keywords: best iced oatmeal cookies, iced oatmeal cookies, easy iced oatmeal cookies, soft iced oatmeal cookies, oatmeal cookies, chewy oatmeal cookies, soft oatmeal cookies, best oatmeal cookies