Easy Pineapple Upside Down Dump Cake is made simple and delicious with just 5 ingredients including crushed pineapple, maraschino cherries, brown sugar, yellow cake mix, and butter. Just dump the ingredients in the cake pan, bake, and enjoy in just 30 minutes time!
- 1 box yellow cake mix (can also use white or pineapple flavored, if desired)
- 2 cans (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained well*
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into 12 slices
- 1 small jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- First spray a 9×13 glass baking dish or cake pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Next, use a colander to well drain two cans of crushed pineapple and spread evenly in the cake pan.
- Drain a small jar of maraschino cherries and add on top. (I usually add about 18-20 cherries to my cake, but you can add as many or as little as you want)
- Next, evenly sprinkle light brown sugar over the pineapple and cherries.
- Add 3/4 of the DRY cake mix right on top and use your hands to ensure it covers all the pineapples and cherries evenly. If there are any bare spots, add a little bit more cake mix to fill it in, but I typically have a little bit of dry cake mix leftover.
- Lastly, top with 1 stick of unsalted butter that has been sliced into 12 slices.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the cake is a beautiful golden brown on top.
- Let cool for 10 minutes on a cooling rack before serving warm. Top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, and additional maraschino cherries or pineapple, if desired.
- Make sure you drain your pineapple really well to avoid your cake being soggy.
- Use DRY cake mix for this recipe. DO NOT bake the cake or prepare a wet batter beforehand.
- Store any leftover cake in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, microwave individual servings for 20-30 seconds at a time until warm.
Keywords: pineapple upside down dump cake, pineapple dump cake, pineapple cherry dump cake, easy pineapple upside down dump cake, pineapple upside down cake, easy pineapple cake, dump cake, easy dump cake