Try my Easy Whole30 Make-Ahead Sausage and Egg Muffins for a quick and healthy breakfast! These muffin cups are made with eggs, turkey sausage, spinach, and simple seasonings for a delicious, good for you breakfast.
- 14 large eggs
- 1 pound Whole30-compliant breakfast turkey sausage (I use Butterball All-Natural Fresh Turkey Breakfast Sausage)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 tsp salt-free Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb Seasoning (or other salt-free seasoning)
- black pepper, to taste
- 3–4 drops of hot sauce (optional, if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spray a 12 count muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, cook your ground turkey sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, until fully cooked and brown. Drain your meat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk 14 large eggs until smooth.
- Add in 1 tsp onion and herb seasoning, and pepper to taste. If you like a little kick, add in a few dashes of hot sauce. Whisk until combined.
- Lastly, fold in chopped spinach and cooked ground turkey sausage, and stir until combined.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to fill each muffin tin with the sausage and egg mixture. I usually fill them so that they are almost full because they will shrink slightly when they bake. You should also have enough mixture leftover for 2-4 additional muffins.
- If desired, sprinkle the tops with a little more pepper and/or onion and herb mixture.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until the eggs are fully cooked through.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes on a wire cooling rack before removing and serving.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container or Ziploc baggie in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. You can also freeze these muffins for up to 3 months.
- Re-heat sausage and egg muffin cups in the microwave for 15-30 seconds or until warm.
Keywords: sausage and egg muffins, egg muffins, egg muffin cups, sausage and egg muffin cups, breakfast muffins, breakfast muffin cups, breakfast egg muffins, healthy egg muffins, whole30 egg muffins, whole30 muffins, healthy sausage and egg muffins