This one pan Cast Iron Skillet Spaghetti with Cream Cheese is easy, creamy, and so delicious with seasoned ground beef, tomato pasta sauce, spaghetti noodles, and Mozzarella cheese.
- 1 pound ground beef (I recommend 80/20 or leaner)
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces spaghetti pasta, (I like to buy the half-cut kind, or you can break regular spaghetti noodles in half)
- 1– 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1– 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 3 cups water
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large 12-inch cast iron skillet (or non-stick, oven-safe skillet) cook the ground beef over medium heat, breaking the meat into small pieces until fully cooked and no pink remains. Drain away excess grease and place back on the stovetop.
- Next, add in seasonings to include onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, and stir until evenly combined. Add in crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce one at a time, stirring in between until evenly combined.
- Lastly, add in half-cut spaghetti noodles and immediately cover with water. You can also break apart regular spaghetti noodles in half. Carefully stir the pasta in with the meat and sauce mixture, ensuring the spaghetti noodles are fully immersed in the liquid.
- Let the mixture come to simmering boil over medium heat and cook covered with the lid for 12-14 minutes, until the pasta is tender and most of the liquid has cooked down. Remove the lid and stir the spaghetti noodles every 2-3 minutes to prevent them from sticking to each other and the pan.
- Next, preheat your oven broiler. Stir in the softened, cream cheese and mix until evenly combined. Sprinkle the top with freshly shredded Mozzarella cheese and place the skillet spaghetti under the broiler for 1-3 minutes, until the top is a light golden brown and the cheese has fully melted.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving. If desired, top with fresh Parsley and enjoy!
Refrigerate leftover skillet spaghetti in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Re-heat individual servings in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until warm.
Keywords: skillet spaghetti, cast iron skillet spaghetti, easy skillet spaghetti, skillet spaghetti recipe, spaghetti with cream cheese, baked spaghetti with cream cheese, baked spaghetti recipe with cream cheese, one pan spaghetti