Try my Best Double Chocolate Chip Cookies from Scratch for the ultimate chocolate lover’s cookie! These delicious chocolate chocolate chip cookies with self rising flour are easy to make and are soft, chewy, and fudgy with dark chocolate and semi sweet chocolate chips.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened to 68-70 degrees
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp instant espresso powder
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 2/3 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted and cooled for 5 minutes
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- First melt dark chocolate chips in the microwave until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Using an electric hand mixer, cream softened butter in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Next, add in sugar and brown sugar and mix with electric mixer for about 1 minute, until creamy. Add eggs, instant espresso powder, vanilla extract, and salt, and mix for about 30 seconds until incorporated. Lastly add in cooled melted dark chocolate and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in self rising flour in increments and mix until just combined. Next, add in semi sweet chocolate chips and gently stir by hand until evenly incorporated.
- Cover and place your cookie dough in the refrigerator to chill for a minimum of 1 hour. If you have the time, I strongly recommend chilling the dough overnight.
- After your double chocolate chip cookie dough has chilled, remove from fridge, and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Use a medium cookie scoop and scoop out even amount sized balls onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. I usually put 5 cookies to a sheet so that the cookies have plenty of space.
- The next step is of course optional, but if you want to make these extra yummy, then add a few semi-sweet chocolate chips and dark chocolate chips on top of each cookie dough ball.
- Next bake your double chocolate chip cookies in the oven for 9-12 minutes or until the edges are set and the center is still slightly softened. Tip: If you prefer a softer, more fudgy, ooey gooey in the center cookie, bake for the lower recommended time, and if you prefer a more chewy cookie throughout bake for the highest recommended time.*As always, you might have to adjust times according to your oven.
- Let the cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leftover double chocolate chip cookies should be stored at room temperature in an air tight container. They will remain fresh for up to 1 week.
Keywords: double chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chocolate chip cookies, best double chocolate chip cookies, easy chocolate chocolate chip cookies, dark chocolate chocolate chip cookies, ultimate chocolate chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chocolate chip cookies with self rising flour, self rising flour cookies