Learn how to make the best fresh strawberry pie with no jello using my easy, homemade strawberry pie recipe! A buttery, flaky pie crust is filled with fresh strawberries coated in a sweet and delicious homemade strawberry pie glaze filling, and topped with homemade whipped cream for the best old-fashioned strawberry pie ever!
- 6 cups fresh strawberries (Washed, hulled, and sliced)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 9-inch pie crust, baked (store-bought, homemade, or graham cracker crust)
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips, melted
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Start by cleaning, de-stemming, and slicing your strawberries on a large cutting board. I prefer slicing, but you can cut your strawberries in half if you prefer larger strawberries in your pie.
- Place two cups worth of your strawberries in a mixing bowl and use a wire masher to crush them. Set aside.
- Next, prepare and bake your pie crust in a glass pie baking dish as directed. To keep this recipe simple I just used a refrigerated store-bought pie, but you can use your favorite homemade crust or even a graham cracker crust, if you prefer.
- While your pie crust is baking, add the crushed strawberries into a medium saucepan and combine with sugar, water, lemon juice, and cornstarch.
- Stir until evenly combined and cook over medium heat (stirring often) until the mixture boils. Let boil for 2-3 minutes until the mixture has thickened and then remove from the heat. Let cool completely.
- Once your pie crust has baked, let it cool for 10 minutes, and then use a pastry brush to apply an even layer of melted white chocolate to the bottom of your pie. This helps prevent your pie crust from getting soggy and tastes yummy.
- Place the chocolate-lined pie crust in the fridge for 5 minutes to let the chocolate fully set up and then fill with the strawberry pie filling.
- Refrigerate your pie for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Once the strawberry pie filling has fully set, prepare your homemade whipped cream by mixing heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until soft peaks have formed (about 2-3 minutes).
- Place whipped cream in a large piping bag and use a 1M piping tip to pipe swirls of whipped cream around your pie and on individual slices, if desired.
- Slice your pie with a knife and enjoy!
Store your leftover strawberry pie covered with plastic wrap or aluminum foil in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: fresh strawberry pie, homemade strawberry pie, fresh strawberry pie recipe, fresh strawberry pie without jello, old fashioned strawberry pie, easy strawberry pie, best strawberry pie, how to make a homemade strawberry pie, homemade strawberry pie filling, homemade strawberry pie glaze, strawberry pie no jello