Learn how to make the best fresh strawberry pie with no jello using my easy, homemade strawberry pie recipe!
A buttery, flaky pie crust is filled with fresh strawberries coated in a sweet and delicious homemade strawberry pie glaze filling, and topped with homemade whipped cream for the best old-fashioned strawberry pie ever!
How to Make The Best Fresh Strawberry Pie (No Jello)
If you’re looking for the BEST fresh strawberry pie recipe with no jello, then look no further!
I’m SO excited to finally be sharing my homemade strawberry pie recipe with you today, and it’s super delicious.
This fresh strawberry pie features a buttery, flaky pie crust, and is filled to the brim with fresh strawberries coated in a sweet and delicious strawberry pie glaze filling made from scratch.
Top it off with swirls of homemade whipped cream, and you have the best old-fashioned strawberry pie ever!
If you want to learn how to make the best fresh strawberry pie from scratch, then keep reading for the full recipe below and check out my video tutorial over here!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my Youtube channel here for weekly recipes.
Easy Fresh Strawberry Pie Without Jello
The star of the show in this fresh strawberry pie is the delicious homemade strawberry pie filling AKA strawberry pie glaze!
Unlike other strawberry pie recipes out there that use strawberry Jello as the filling, this strawberry pie filling is made from scratch using just a few simple ingredients which I’ve included below.
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY PIE FILLING INGREDIENTS:
- Fresh Strawberries
- Lemon Juice
RECOMMENDED KITCHEN TOOLS:
- Glass Pie Dish
- Glass Mixing Bowls
- Wire Masher
- Cutting Board
- Paring Knife
- Rubber Spatula
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cooling Rack
- Pastry Brush
- Electric Hand Mixer
- Piping Bag
- 1M Piping Tip
- Slicer Knife
- Pie Server
How do you make Homemade Strawberry Pie Filling (Fresh Strawberry Pie Glaze) from scratch?
Making your homemade strawberry pie filling really couldn’t be more simple!
Below, I’ve outlined the process start from finish.
Step 1: Prep Your Strawberries
Start by cleaning, de-stemming, and slicing your strawberries on a large cutting board.
I prefer slicing my strawberries, but you can cut your strawberries in half if you prefer larger strawberries in your pie.
Step 2: Mash Them Up
Step 3: Cook Your Filling
Stir until evenly combined and cook over medium heat (stirring often) until the mixture boils.
Let the filling boil for 2-3 minutes until the mixture has thickened and then remove from the heat.
Step 4: Cool & Combine
Let cool completely. Once cooled, evenly coat the rest of your sliced strawberries with the homemade strawberry glaze in a large mixing bowl.
Fresh Strawberry Pie No Jello FAQ’s
How do you thicken Strawberry Pie filling?
Cornstarch is the best way to thicken up your strawberry pie filling.
If you don’t like using cornstarch you can also use this arrowroot powder, which is paleo, vegan, celiac, and keto-friendly.
And unlike strawberry pie fillings made with Jello, the cornstarch helps make the pie filling creamy and smooth.
Why is my Strawberry Pie runny?
If your pie is runny, then it most likely means you didn’t cook your strawberry pie filling long enough.
Make sure you let the strawberry mixture boil for 2-3 minutes or until it is thick like a jelly glaze.
Once thickened, remove from the heat and let it cool. It will set up even more as it cools.
Can I use a store-bought pie crust?
Yes, and for this particular pie I recommend it because it makes things so much easier.
However, if you have a fabulous homemade pie crust recipe you swear by, use it!
You could also use a graham cracker pie crust or a chocolate cookie crust.
How do you keep Fresh Strawberry Pie crust from getting soggy?
One of my favorite tricks for preventing a soggy pie crust is to line the bottom with a layer of melted chocolate.
Once your pie crust has been baked and cooled, use a pastry brush to brush on an even layer of chocolate.
Then refrigerate the pie crust for 5-10 minutes or until it has fully set before filling with your strawberry pie filling.
This helps prevent any liquid from seeping into the bottom of the crust and adds a sweet and delicious flavor!
I used white chocolate for this homemade strawberry pie but you could also use milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate if preferred.
How can decorate my fresh strawberry pie?
Decorating your pie is completely optional, but I always like to add swirls of whipped cream on top to make it extra pretty.
Plus, it’s really simple to do (even for beginners).
If desired, you can also pipe bigger swirls on individual slices before serving.
Strawberry Pie (No Jello) Storage Instructions
Does Homemade Strawberry Pie need to be refrigerated/How do you store a Fresh Strawberry Pie?
Yes. Store your leftover strawberry pie covered with plastic wrap or aluminum foil in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can you freeze a fresh strawberry pie?
Yes, but I prefer and recommend enjoying it freshly made, as the pie can sometimes have excess liquid once you freeze/unfreeze.
It’s still delicious, just a little runny.
To freeze, place the pie in an extra large freezer safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Once ready to eat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight, then slice, and enjoy!
Looking for more delicious pies? Try these next!
Fresh Strawberry Pie Without Jello Recipe + VideoPrint
How to Make The Best Fresh Strawberry Pie (No Jello!)
Learn how to make the best fresh strawberry pie with no jello using my easy, homemade strawberry pie recipe! A buttery, flaky pie crust is filled with fresh strawberries coated in a sweet and delicious homemade strawberry pie glaze filling, and topped with homemade whipped cream for the best old-fashioned strawberry pie ever!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven, Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 6 cups fresh strawberries (Washed, hulled, and sliced)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 9-inch pie crust, baked (store-bought, homemade, or graham cracker crust)
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips, melted
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Start by cleaning, de-stemming, and slicing your strawberries on a large cutting board. I prefer slicing, but you can cut your strawberries in half if you prefer larger strawberries in your pie.
- Place two cups worth of your strawberries in a mixing bowl and use a wire masher to crush them. Set aside.
- Next, prepare and bake your pie crust in a glass pie baking dish as directed. To keep this recipe simple I just used a refrigerated store-bought pie, but you can use your favorite homemade crust or even a graham cracker crust, if you prefer.
- While your pie crust is baking, add the crushed strawberries into a medium saucepan and combine with sugar, water, lemon juice, and cornstarch.
- Stir until evenly combined and cook over medium heat (stirring often) until the mixture boils. Let boil for 2-3 minutes until the mixture has thickened and then remove from the heat. Let cool completely.
- Once your pie crust has baked, let it cool for 10 minutes, and then use a pastry brush to apply an even layer of melted white chocolate to the bottom of your pie. This helps prevent your pie crust from getting soggy and tastes yummy.
- Place the chocolate-lined pie crust in the fridge for 5 minutes to let the chocolate fully set up and then fill with the strawberry pie filling.
- Refrigerate your pie for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Once the strawberry pie filling has fully set, prepare your homemade whipped cream by mixing heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until soft peaks have formed (about 2-3 minutes).
- Place whipped cream in a large piping bag and use a 1M piping tip to pipe swirls of whipped cream around your pie and on individual slices, if desired.
- Slice your pie with a knife and enjoy!
Store your leftover strawberry pie covered with plastic wrap or aluminum foil in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: fresh strawberry pie, homemade strawberry pie, fresh strawberry pie recipe, fresh strawberry pie without jello, old fashioned strawberry pie, easy strawberry pie, best strawberry pie, how to make a homemade strawberry pie, homemade strawberry pie filling, homemade strawberry pie glaze, strawberry pie no jello
MORE DELICIOUS STRAWBERRY RECIPES:
- Easy Homemade Strawberry Cobbler
- Strawberry Upside Down Cake
- Luscious Strawberry Pineapple Cake
- 5-Ingredient Strawberry Poke Cake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins
- Strawberry Coffee Cake
Hope you enjoyed today’s recipe tutorial on How to Make The Best Fresh Strawberry Pie (No Jello)!
Do you LOVE old-fashioned, homemade strawberry pie too? Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for stopping by! – Cara