Craving a sweet dessert for your next potluck? Give this Luscious Easy Strawberry Pineapple Cake a try!
Made with a yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding, light whipped cream topping, fresh strawberries, and pineapples, this strawberry pineapple cake is the perfect, easy summer-time treat with a tropical twist!
Luscious Easy Strawberry Pineapple Cake
Are you a strawberry lover like me?
For months now I’ve been dying to make this Luscious Easy Strawberry Pineapple Cake because it’s the absolute perfect, sweet, summer treat.
So when strawberries went on sale last week I jumped at the chance to get my baking on, and today I’m excited to share the recipe with you!
Featuring a delicious pineapple-orange flavored cake, a whipped vanilla pudding topping, and of course fresh strawberries and pineapple, this tropical strawberry and pineapple cake is basically heaven sent.
The flavor alone will have you wanting to make it every chance you can get and this cake’s beautiful presentation will have everyone thinking you’re a master baker.
If you want to learn how to make this divine strawberry pineapple cake, then keep reading and check out the full step-by-step video tutorial over here.
Don’t forget to follow my YouTube Channel here for weekly recipes!
Easy Strawberry Pineapple Cake
If you’ve been around my blog for any time now, you’ll know there’s two main qualities I look for when choosing desserts to make.
1. It must taste absolutely incredible
2. It must be super easy to make
I’m happy to report that this Strawberry Pineapple Cake knocks it out of the park with both of those qualities and it’s GORGEOUS- making it a triple win.
The fresh strawberries and pineapple paired with the orange pineapple flavored cake make it a delightful choice for spring and summer, and the vanilla pudding really helps balance it all out.
My husband and boys loved it so much they ate two slices of it each. 🙂
How to Make Luscious Easy Strawberry Pineapple Cake
The stars of this pineapple strawberry cake are of course the fresh strawberries and pineapple which add the perfect summer-time flavor and double as beautiful decorations on the cake.
I also love how the pineapple juice adds the perfect flavor to both the cake and the whipped cream, and the vanilla pudding complements the fresh strawberries marvelously.
And when I say this cake is EASY, I wholeheartedly mean it.
In fact, my 6 and 8 year old helped decorate it, so if you struggle in the cake decorating department then this cake IS FOR YOU!
To make this strawberry pineapple cake you’ll need just a few simple ingredients and tools, which I’ve included below.
Strawberry Pineapple Cake
This delicious and simple strawberry pineapple cake consists of three main components including a pineapple orange flavored cake, a vanilla pineapple whipped cream topping, and a delightful fresh fruit topping.
Below you’ll find a list of all the ingredients you’ll need to make this yummy strawberry cake.
Strawberry Pineapple Cake Ingredients:
Pineapple Orange Cake
- 1 package Yellow Cake Mix
- Orange Juice (I love Pineapple-Orange)
Vanilla Pineapple Whipped Cream Topping
- 5.1 oz Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 8 oz Light Cool Whip or Homemade Whipped Cream
- Pineapple Juice
Fresh Fruit Topping
- Fresh Strawberries, diced
- Unsweetened Pineapple Tidbits
- 9-Inch Round Baking Pans
- Pre-Cut Parchment Paper
- Electric Hand Mixer
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Cake Icing Spatula
- Cooling Rack
- Cake Stand
Strawberry Pineapple Cake FAQ’s
Can I use other cake flavors instead of a yellow cake mix?
Yes! The original recipe uses a yellow cake mix, but feel free to use other cake flavors if desired.
Strawberry, Pineapple, or Orange flavored cakes would all be delicious.
Can I add additional fruit to this cake?
Sure! Mandarin oranges, blueberries, or kiwi would all be delicious added alongside pineapple and strawberries.
Feel free to add your favorite fruits and enjoy!
Can I make this cake in a 9×13 pan?
Yes, of course!
I love the pretty look of a layered cake, but you can certainly skip the layers and make this cake in a 9×13 pan like this.
If you do, then you’ll simply add all the pudding/whipped cream topping and fruit on top of your cake.
Should Strawberry Pineapple Cake be refrigerated?
Yes, as with any cake made with fruit and dairy, this cake should be kept refrigerated.
I recommend storing any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
How to Assemble Your Strawberry Pineapple Cake
It really couldn’t be easier to put together this strawberry pineapple cake!
- First, grab a gorgeous cake stand like this or serving plate and place one of the cooled, baked cakes in the center.
- Next, spread half of your pudding and whipped cream mixture on top and top with half of the diced strawberries and pineapple tidbits.
- Repeat the process for the next cake layer, and if desired add 1-2 whole strawberries to the center for garnish.
No crazy hard or time consuming decorating skills required.
It’s really that simple and can we just take a moment to talk about how beautiful this cake is?!
This Luscious Strawberry Pineapple Cake is the perfect cake for taking to a potluck or summer barbecue and trust me when I say it’ll go fast.
Looking for more Strawberry Desserts?
And since you’re here, make sure you check out some of my other delicious strawberry recipes like my Easy Homemade Strawberry Cobbler, Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins, Strawberry Coffee Cake, and Fresh Strawberry Pie.
They’re all AMAZING!
Looking for more Pineapple Desserts?
Or maybe you’re craving Pineapple instead? Try my Crushed Pineapple Upside Down Cake, Easy Hawaiian Pineapple Coconut Poke Cake, Easy Coconut Pineapple Bread, Best Ever Pina Colada Cake, or Pineapple Upside Down Dump Cake next!
Luscious Strawberry Pineapple Cake
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 people 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Ovenn
- Cuisine: American
Craving a sweet dessert for your next potluck? Give this Luscious Strawberry Pineapple Cake a try! Made with a yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding, light whipped topping, fresh strawberries, and pineapples, this pineapple cake is the perfect, easy summer-time treat with a tropical twist!
- 1 package Yellow Cake Mix
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice (Pineapple-Orange preferred)
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 cup Fresh Strawberries (diced, patted dry)
- 1 cup Canned Unsweetened Pineapple Tidbits (drained, patted dry (use juice in whipped cream topping recipe))
- 1–2 whole Strawberries (for garnish, if desired)
Whipped Cream Topping
- 5.1 oz Vanilla Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
- 8 oz Light Cool Whip or Homemade Whipped Cream
- Pineapple Juice from drained pineapple tidbits
- Coat two 9-inch round baking pans with non-stick cooking spray; line bottoms with parchment paper and spray again with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water, orange juice, eggs, and oil. Mix on low for 30 seconds and then on medium-high speed for 2 minutes using an electric hand mixer. Pour even amount into cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- While cake is baking, drain pineapple tidbits saving the juice for the whipped topping. Place pineapple tidbits on paper towels in a bowl to fully drain.
- Clean and dice up strawberries in bite sized pieces. Place strawberries on paper towels in a bowl to fully drain. If desired, sprinkle lightly with sugar. Place both the pineapples and strawberries in the refrigerator until later.
- Mix together vanilla instant pudding, light whipped cream, and pineapple juice from the tidbits. Place in refrigerator until it is time to decorate.
- After cake has cooled, place one layer on cake stand. Spread half of the whipped topping mixture and half of the fruit on top, decorating as desired.
- Top with second cake layer. Spread remaining whipped topping mixture over the top of the cake and decorate with remaining fruit. Feel free to add additional whole strawberries for garnish, if desired.
Store leftover cake covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Keywords: Strawberry Pineapple Cake, Strawberry Cake, Pineapple Cake, Strawberry and Pineapple Cake with Pudding, Easy Layer Cake, Cake with Vanilla Pudding, Yellow Cake Mix, Strawberries, Pineapple, Vanilla Pudding
More Delicious Cake Recipes:
- Easy Strawberry Jello Poke Cake
- Crushed Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Banana Pudding Poke Cake
- Hawaiian Poke Cake
MORE PINEAPPLE DESSERTS YOU’LL LOVE:
- Crushed Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Easy Hawaiian Pineapple Coconut Poke Cake
- Easy Coconut Pineapple Bread
- Best Ever Pina Colada Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Dump Cake
I hope you’ll give my Luscious Strawberry Pineapple Cake a try this summer and hope you and your family love it as much as we do. Are you a huge strawberry and pineapple fan like me?
Let me know in the comments if you’ll be making this cake soon!
Thanks for stopping by! – Cara
Pin Me For Later
Hi – would love to make this in 9×13’s for a crowd….most likely 8 cakes! Thinking make and freeze the cakes, serve barely unfrozen with a dollop of the pudding/strawberry mixture! Any tips/suggestions?
Hi Celia, If you make in 9×13’s you could just skip the layering process altogether and just put the pudding/fruit mixture on top. This would probably be the least time consuming. And you can definitely make ahead and freeze until the day of, then I would let them start to thaw while you decorate and refrigerate until ready to serve.
YUM! Love how festive and pretty this looks <3
Thanks Kate! It’s super yummy!
What a pretty cake!! It sounds delicious for Summer
Thank-you! I bet you and your family would love it. 🙂
Hey Cara! This strawberry pineapple cake looks divine! I love that you used a yellow cake mix,I’m not the best baker in the world,lol. It makes it so much easier. Thanks!
Thanks Ros- I’m all about using cake-mixes to keep things simple. This one is really yummy and I think you’d like it! 🙂
This sounds so good! I bet I would love this!
Thank-you- it’s the perfect treat for summer!
This looks SO good! I love making fun cakes like this, such a great idea!! I have to try it!
Thank-you! Baking is my de-stressor lol. This cake is super yummy.
Man I SO want to try this! I might be doing a barbecue on the 4th, definitely could surprise some friends with this recipe.
Hope you love the recipe if you make it for the 4th! 🙂
My word this looks delicious! It has two of my favorite fruits, pineapple and strawberries! Sierra Beautifully Candid
Thank-you! Those are my favorite fruits too!
This looks delicious! I’ve had a massive can of pineapple chunks in my pantry for months, and now I can finally use it up!
Oh yay, hope you love it!
Two of my favorite fruits! This cake looks so good!
The Classic Brunette
Thank-you! Strawberries and pineapple are my favorites too.
This looks amazing and luscious!! It’s picnic-perfect!
Thanks Patricia- it’s one of our favorite summer time treats!
The perfect treat for 4th of July! It looks so good!
Thanks Amanda- it’s so yummy!
Cara!! This looks amazing!! Oh my word, drooooooling over here!
Thank you so much! I heart baking- especially anything with strawberries in it! 🙂
Do you deliver? That looks fabulous. I’m pinning it.
Haha I totally would deliver! Thanks for pinning, it’s a super yummy summertime cake. 🙂
this looks so delicious!!
Thanks Chelsea- it’s perfect for summer get togethers!
Okay, this cake looks amazing! I love those two fruits paired together, so delicious!
Thank-you! Me too- they’re probably my two favorite fruits. 🙂
YUMMM!!! This looks like such a delish summer treat. Sign me up please!
Thanks Annaliese- it’s one of our favorite summer treats for sure! 🙂
What a fun treat for summer
It’s delicious and especially yummy if you’re a fan of fresh fruit!
Looks great! Can’t wait to try it
Thanks! We can make it for your’s and Mom’s late birthday celebration.
Looks like something off a cooking show!
Thank-you! I’m slowly but surely trying to improve my food photography, so I appreciate that. Hope you’re feeling better!
Goodness, that looks so delicious! Strawberry and pineapple are my two favorite fruits 🙂
Thanks girl- mine too! And the vanilla tastes amazing paired with both of them.
YES PLEASE! This looks so delicious, will definitely be saving this for our next summer BBQ!
Oh I hope you’ll make it- it’s one of my faves for summer! 🙂
For the pudding part, I should use the pineapple juice to mix with vanilla pudding Abe the. Fold in whip cream?
Yes, that’s correct. Hope you enjoy!
This looks so heavenly! Would be perfect for a cookout!
Thank-you! It’s so easy to put together and looks so “fancy” haha.
I’ll have to try this recipe! Yum!
It’s so good, Allie! Hope you enjoy it, if you make it. 🙂
This looks not only delicious but sooo beautiful. Perfect dessert for summer!
Thank-you! It’s a favorite family recipe of ours and perfect for summer-time. Have a wonderful week, Andrea! 🙂