This delicious and easy coconut pineapple bread will have you thinking you’re on a tropical island!
This Hawaiian quick bread is made simple with crushed pineapple, toasted coconut, and a yellow cake mix.
Easy Coconut Pineapple Bread
Hey everyone! I don’t know about you all, but around this time of year I start to get what I call the vacation blues.
Work is crazy, school has started back, and the desire to be lounging on a tropical island somewhere is at an all time high.
While I unfortunately can’t help you or me ACTUALLY go on vacation, (sorry still haven’t scored the lottery yet!) I can certainly make us feel like we’re on vacation with my delicious and easy coconut pineapple bread.
Easy Coconut Pineapple Bread
You guys, this pineapple bread is where it’s at!
- Craving pineapple? Check!
- Needing some coconut in your life? Check!
- A sweet glaze that hits the spot? Check!
I made this pineapple bread just last weekend and it was a huge hit in the Owens’ Household.
Even my husband being the super picky dessert eater that he is, loved it and kept going back for another slice, or two. 😉
The addition of crushed pineapple with juice makes it so moist and the hint of nutmeg really brings out all of the delicious flavors making it the perfect dessert.
Other than the delicious flavor, one of the things I love most about this coconut pineapple bread is the easy ability to share the love with others!
As this recipe makes two whole loaves, it’s so easy to give a couple slices to parents, grandparents, neighbors, friends, and co-workers.
In fact, this pineapple bread is one of my grandpa’s favorite and both the boys were so eager to deliver it to him.
Easy Coconut Pineapple Bread Recipe
This delicious and easy coconut pineapple bread will have you thinking you’re on a tropical island! It’s made simple with crushed pineapple, toasted coconut, and a yellow cake mix.
Coconut Pineapple Bread
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg ((can substitute cinnamon, if desired))
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut (sweetened)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp flaked coconut, toasted ((or more, if desired))
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pineapple, milk, eggs, and nutmeg. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on high for 2 minutes. Stir in coconut and pour into two greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 325 for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For glaze, combine sugar and milk in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over loaves. Using your oven’s broiler setting, spread a thin layer of coconut on a cookie sheet and lightly toast int he oven, watching closely to ensure it doesn’t burn. Once it starts turning a light brown color, remove from oven. Sprinkle over the icing and enjoy!
Keywords: coconut pineapple bread, pineapple bread, pineapple coconut bread, pineapple bread with coconut, tropical bread, easy sweet bread
MORE PINEAPPLE AND COCONUT DESSERTS YOU’LL LOVE:
- Crushed Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Easy Hawaiian Pineapple Coconut Poke Cake
- Best Ever Pina Colada Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Dump Cake
If you love pineapple and coconut, you should definitely “pin” and “yum” this dessert for later and make it this weekend.
Actually, on second thought, you should make it stat if you’re really feeling the vacation blues like me!
You won’t regret it, promise!
Hope you enjoyed today’s recipe for Easy Coconut Pineapple Bread! Let me know if you try it in the comments below!
Thanks for stopping by!- Cara
Pin This Post