Craving a sweet dessert for your next potluck? Give this Luscious Strawberry Pineapple Cake a try! Made with a yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding, light whipped topping, fresh strawberries, and pineapples, this pineapple cake is the perfect, easy summer-time treat with a tropical twist!
- 1 package Yellow Cake Mix
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice (Pineapple-Orange preferred)
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 cup Fresh Strawberries (diced, patted dry)
- 1 cup Canned Unsweetened Pineapple Tidbits (drained, patted dry (use juice in whipped topping recipe))
- 1–2 whole Strawberries (for garnish, if desired)
- 5.1 oz Vanilla Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
- 8 oz Light Whipped Topping (thawed)
- 20 oz Pineapple Juice from Tidbits
- Coat two 9-inch round baking pans with cooking spray; line bottoms with waxed paper. Coat waxed paper with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water, orange juice, eggs, and oil. Mix on low for 30 seconds and then on medium-high speed for 2 minutes. Pour even amount into cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- While cake is baking, drain pineapple tidbits saving the juice for the whipped topping. Place pineapple tidbits on paper towels in a bowl to fully drain.
- Clean and dice up strawberries in bite sized pieces. Place strawberries on paper towels in a bowl to fully drain. If desired, sprinkle lightly with sugar. Place both the pineapples and strawberries in the refrigerator until later.
- Mix together vanilla instant pudding, light whipped topping, and pineapple juice from the tidbits. Place in refrigerator until it is time to decorate.
- After cake has cooled, place one layer on cake stand. Spread half of the whipped topping mixture and half of the fruit on top, decorating as desired.
- Top with second cake layer. Spread remaining whipped topping mixture over the top of the cake and decorate with remaining fruit. Feel free to add additional strawberries for garnish, if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Keywords: Strawberry Pineapple Cake, Strawberry Cake, Pineapple Cake, Strawberry and Pineapple Cake with Pudding, Easy Layer Cake, Cake with Vanilla Pudding, Yellow Cake Mix, Strawberries, Pineapple, Vanilla Pudding