Try my easy and delicious Homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins for breakfast this weekend! These strawberry muffins are soft, delicious, and feature diced fresh strawberries, a surprise lemon cream cheese filling, and a graham cracker and brown sugar streusel topping.
Homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins
Hey everyone – Happy Tuesday! With Spring officially here and Easter this weekend, I wanted to share one of my absolute favorite muffin recipes with you – Homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins.
Featuring fresh diced strawberries, a sweet, lemon cheesecake surprise filling, and a delicious graham cracker streusel topping, these muffins are out of this world good and are the perfect breakfast treat (or dessert) to make on the weekends or for special occasions. They’re also super easy to make with no mixer required!
In case you want to make these yummy strawberry muffins this weekend, then keep reading for the full recipe and be sure and pin this post for later.
More Muffin Recipes:
Homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins
Growing up we would always have muffins on Sunday mornings before church and I always loved helping mix the muffins with my Mom or Dad. We mostly always used the little muffin mix packs since they were so easy and convenient, and I distinctively remember the strawberry cheesecake one being my favorite.
Naturally, I wanted to re-create that delicious strawberry cheesecake flavor using fresh ingredients, which is what I’m sharing with you today.
These homemade strawberry cheesecake muffins are made with fresh strawberries, which is my favorite fruit to bake with in the warmer seasons. Our family always loves buying as many strawberries as we can whenever they’re in season, and they taste just so delicious in muffins.
Plus, they also pair amazing with the sweet lemon cheesecake surprise in these homemade strawberry cheesecake muffins.
This recipe makes enough for 10 muffins, which is the perfect amount for our family of 4, but feel free to double the recipe if you need more or like having leftovers. These strawberry cheesecake muffins can also easily be frozen for up to 2 months and thawed out/microwaved, whenever you want one.
Recommended Kitchen Tools:
Quick Tips for Making Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins:
- Once you’ve made your muffin batter, it’s an easy process of layering. First, fill each muffin cup with about 1 tablespoon of strawberry muffin batter. I use a full scoop with this small cookie scoop which makes the process quick and easy. You want the bottom of the muffin cup to be covered.
- Next, add one heaping teaspoon of the cheesecake filling to the center of each muffin cup.
- Now top with the remaining muffin batter, ensuring the cheesecake filling is covered.
- Lastly, sprinkle each muffin with the graham cracker streusel and very gently press down the top. I also like to clean up any crumbs off the muffin pan to prevent burning while baking.
- Bake muffins in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
Don’t these strawberry cheesecake muffins look just divine? They’re seriously SO good and the cheesecake filling is such a nice surprise.
Homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins are soft, delicious, and feature diced fresh strawberries, a lemon cheesecake filling, and a graham cracker streusel topping.
Graham Cracker Streusel Topping
- 3 graham cracker sheets
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour*
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries (patted dry*)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with 10 cupcake liners. Set aside.
Start by dicing up 1 cup of fresh strawberries into small pieces or chunks (depending on preference). Set aside.
Next, begin making the graham cracker streusel topping. Place the graham crackers in a Ziploc bag, seal, and crush into small crumbs with hands or a rolling pin. I like leaving a couple larger crumbs for a little crunch.
In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Once melted, add in graham cracker crumbs, flour, brown sugar, and stir until well combined. Set aside.
Next, make the cheesecake filling by stirring together the softened cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice until nice and creamy. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the oil, egg, milk, and vanilla together. Whisk until well combined.
Next add in the sugar and stir until fully combined. Lastly, add in the flour 1/2 cup at a time and slowly and gently stir it being careful to not over mix. The batter will be thick. Carefully fold in the diced strawberries.
Fill each muffin cup with about 1 tablespoon of batter. I use this small cookie scoop to make it super easy. You want the bottom of the muffin cup to be covered.
Next, add one teaspoon of the cheesecake filling to the center of each muffin cup. Top with the remaining muffin batter.
Lastly, sprinkle each muffin with the graham cracker streusel and very gently press down the top.
Bake muffins in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in the muffin pan for 10 minutes, before transferring to a cooling rack until ready to eat. Muffins will be moist from the cheesecake filling.
- Leftover muffins can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or can be frozen for up to 2 months.
- If you don’t have self-rising flour, simply use 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus 2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Make sure you dry your strawberries after dicing them to prevent them from bleeding/becoming soggy in the batter. Simply use a paper towel to pat them lightly to remove any excess moisture.
Keywords: Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins, Strawberry Cheesecake, Strawberry Muffins, Breakfast Muffins, Easy Strawberry Muffins, Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins, Strawberry Coffee Cake Muffins
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes:
- Graham Cracker Coffee Cake
- Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole
- Apple Peanut Butter French Toast Rollups
- Mouthwatering Canned Biscuit Donuts
Hope you loved today’s recipe for my delicious and easy Homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins. Are you a huge muffin fan for breakfast too? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for stopping by! – Cara
Pin This Post