This Easy Healthy Banana Bread is made healthier with simple ingredients including ripe bananas, cinnamon, honey, Greek yogurt, applesauce, and whole wheat flour for one delicious banana bread recipe you’ll love to make again and again! No one will ever guess that it’s refined sugar free, oil free, and butter free.
Easy Healthy Banana Bread
Any banana bread lovers out there?
Today I’m so excited to share with you my Easy Healthy Banana Bread Recipe.
I’ve tried (and ate) a lot of banana bread over the years and this healthy banana bread is one of my favorite banana recipes alongside my Healthy Banana Muffins, Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Oat Muffins, and Healthy No-Flour Banana Oatmeal Cookies.
It’s perfect for those weeks where you’re craving a baked good for breakfast (or dessert) that’s both delicious AND healthy, and this one fits the bill.
This Easy Healthy Banana Bread is made with ripe bananas, cinnamon, honey, Greek yogurt, and applesauce for one delicious better-for-you banana bread recipe you’ll love to make again and again!
Even better, if you’re trying to follow a cleaner diet, this healthy banana bread is refined sugar free, oil free, and butter free, making it the perfect option.
Grab my easy and healthy banana bread printable recipe below and watch my step by step video tutorial over here.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my Youtube channel here for weekly recipes.
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes:
Easy Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
One of the reasons I love baking banana bread so much is because it’s so incredibly easy to make!
You can make this Easy Healthy Banana Bread using just one bowl (yay for not dirtying up a thousand dishes) and it bakes up quick in under an hour.
And let me tell ya, the aroma of this banana bread baking smells SO good!
The cinnamon, honey, vanilla, and bananas all combine to create one heavenly aroma that will have you counting down the minutes until you can eat a slice.
What Makes This Banana Bread Healthy?
- It’s made with 100% wholesome ingredients and no refined sugar or refined flour.
- It’s naturally sweetened with ripe bananas, vanilla, and a small amount of honey, and a touch of cinnamon for added flavor.
- This recipe uses protein-packed Greek yogurt and applesauce in the place of butter and oil.
Ingredients Needed for Easy Healthy Banana Bread:
- Ripe Bananas – provides sweetness and a yummy texture
- Greek Yogurt – a healthy protein-packed swap compared to butter and oil and adds a ton of moistness
- Honey – a natural sweetener healthier than regular sugar with a delicious flavor
- Applesauce – a healthy replacement for oil that adds natural sweetness
- Cinnamon & Vanilla – delicious flavor enhancers
- Eggs – acts as the binder
- Whole Wheat Flour – adds fiber and a hearty flavor
- Baking Soda/Salt – acts as leaveners
Recommended Kitchen Tools:
PIN ME FOR LATER
How to Make Perfect Banana Bread Every Time
In case you’ve never baked banana bread before, I’ve included two super important tips below to help ensure your banana bread turns out amazing.
- USE REALLY RIPE BANANAS – You know when your bananas turn brown, spotty, squishy, and you think they need to be thrown away? Use those in this recipe. Seriously the more ripe the bananas are, the sweeter they are, and the better they taste in banana bread.
- DO NOT OVERMIX THE BATTER – When it comes to baked goods like breads and muffins, it’s very important not to overmix the batter. Why? Because overmixing = dry texture. Simply stir all the ingredients together by hand and when you add in your flour stir it until just combined. This will ensure your banana bread turns out perfectly moist and delicious!
Easy Healthy Banana Bread FAQ’s
Can I use other flours for this recipe?
Yes, this healthy banana bread recipe is flexible and you can use any of the following flours for this recipe:
- All-purpose flour
- Gluten-free all purpose flour
- Whole wheat flour
- White whole wheat flour
I have not personally tried it out with almond flour, coconut flour, or oat flour, but if you try those successfully please feel free to share the ratio in the comments below!
Can I turn this healthy banana bread into muffins?
Yes, this recipe can easily be made into muffins. Simply spray or line muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray, fill 2/3 full, and bake at 325 for 22-25 minutes.
You can also try one of these delicious banana muffin recipes:
Should you refrigerate healthy banana bread?
Yes, a lot of people will store banana bread at room temperature, but it will last longer and stay fresher in the refrigerator.
Refrigerating your bread will also help reduce the risk of your banana bread molding (yuck!)
Tightly wrap leftover banana bread slices with plastic wrap or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
How long does banana bread last?
Refrigerated banana bread will last up to 1 week, or it can be frozen for up to 3 months. Banana bread stored on the counter at room temperature will only last 3-4 days.
How do I freeze banana bread?
Wrap the banana bread in plastic wrap and store in a freezer safe bag for up to 3 months.
Once ready to eat, thaw overnight on the counter to enjoy the next morning, or to enjoy immediately bake the entire loaf in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
You can also re-heat individual slices of banana bread in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until warm.
Can I freeze overripe bananas?
Yes, absolutely! You should never throw away overripe bananas, as they make THE BEST banana bread.
Place overripe bananas directly in the freezer (peel and all) for up to 3 months.
How to use frozen bananas in banana bread:
Once ready to use in your banana bread, remove frozen bananas from the freezer, place in the sink, and run hot tap water over them for 1-2 minutes.
Next, peel the skin off your bananas and microwave in a bowl for about 3 minutes until thawed. Mash and use in the recipe as directed.
What goes good on banana bread?
This banana bread is DE-LISH by itself, but if you want to add a little something extra, you can always spread your favorite nut or nut-free butter on a slice.
Healthy Banana Bread Video Tutorial
This Easy Healthy Banana Bread is made healthier with ripe bananas, cinnamon, honey, Greek yogurt, and applesauce for one delicious banana bread recipe you’ll love to make again and again! No one will ever guess that it’s refined sugar free, oil free, and butter free.
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce*
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (or all-purpose or gluten-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine mashed banana, Greek yogurt, applesauce, and honey. Stir in vanilla, cinnamon, and room temperature eggs.
- Next add the flour, salt, baking soda, and mix until just combined and there are no remaining streaks of flour. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Pour the banana bread batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Immediately place pan onto a wire rack to cool before removing from pan and slicing.
- Store leftover banana bread slices in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. To re-heat, place banana bread in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until desired temperature.
*You can substitute an equal amount of oil (vegetable, canola, or olive oil) for the applesauce, however it will result in higher calories. As far as flavor goes, both taste delicious!
*To freeze banana bread slices, let cool completely and wrap each slice in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Place inside a freezer safe Ziploc bag and freeze. To thaw, place a slice or slices in the refrigerator to thaw overnight or if eating immediately, microwave for 30 seconds at a time until heated.
Keywords: banana bread, easy banana bread, healthy banana bread, easy healthy banana bread, greek yogurt banana bread, banana bread with applesauce, cinnamon banana bread
More Delicious Banana Recipes to Make:
- Easy Banana Bread with Self Rising Flour
- Healthy Banana Oat Cookies (No Flour)
- Healthy Banana Muffins
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Oat Muffins
- Cinnamon Sugar Banana Muffins
- Healthy Banana Bars
Looking for More Breakfast Recipes? Try These Popular Ones:
- Graham Cracker Coffee Cake
- Homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins
- Apple Peanut Butter French Toast Rollups
- Mouthwatering Canned Biscuit Donuts
What do you think of my Easy Healthy Banana Bread recipe? Do you love banana bread too? Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for stopping by! – Cara
Pin This Post For Later