This Easy Healthy Banana Bread is made healthier with simple ingredients including ripe bananas, cinnamon, honey, Greek yogurt, applesauce, and whole wheat flour for one delicious banana bread recipe you’ll love to make again and again! No one will ever guess that it’s refined sugar free, oil free, and butter free.
Easy Healthy Banana Bread
I don’t know about you guys but I’ve been baking anything and everything I could over the last few months during quarantine. From yummy desserts like my Best Ever Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, breakfast treats like my Homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins, and easy dinner recipes like my 2-Ingredient Pizza Dough and Oven Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs, my family and I have been baking ALL the things, and I’m not mad about it.
One recipe that I couldn’t wait to share with you all today is my Easy Healthy Banana Bread.
I’ve tried (and ate) a lot of banana bread over the years and this one is honestly one of my favorites. It’s perfect for those weeks where you’re craving a baked good for breakfast or dessert that’s both delicious and healthy, and this one fits the bill.
This Easy Healthy Banana Bread is made with ripe bananas, cinnamon, honey, Greek yogurt, and applesauce for one delicious better-for-you banana bread recipe you’ll love to make again and again!
Even better, if you’re trying to follow a cleaner diet, this banana bread is refined sugar free, oil free, and butter free, making it the perfect option.
Grab my easy and healthy banana bread printable recipe below and save this post for the next time you want to make some banana bread!
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes:
Easy Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
One of the reasons I love baking banana bread so much is because it’s so incredibly easy to make! You can make this Easy Healthy Banana Bread using just one bowl (yay for not dirtying up a thousand dishes) and it bakes up quick in under an hour.
And let me tell ya, the aroma of this banana bread baking smells SO good! The cinnamon, honey, vanilla, and bananas all combine to create one heavenly aroma that will have you counting down the minutes until you can eat a slice.
How to Make Perfect Banana Bread Every Time
In case you’ve never baked banana bread before, I’ve included two super important tips below to help ensure your banana bread turns out amazing.
- USE REALLY RIPE BANANAS – You know when your bananas turn brown, spotty, squishy, and you think they need to be thrown away? Use those in this recipe. Seriously the more ripe the bananas are, the sweeter they are, and the better they taste in banana bread.
- DO NOT OVERMIX THE BATTER – When it comes to baked goods like breads and muffins, it’s extremely important not to overmix the batter. Why? Because overmixing = dry texture. Simply stir all the ingredients together by hand and when you add in your flour stir it until just combined. This will ensure your banana bread turns out perfectly moist and delicious!
Ingredients for Easy Healthy Banana Bread:
- Ripe Bananas – provides sweetness and a yummy texture
- Greek Yogurt – a healthy protein-packed swap compared to butter and oil and adds a ton of moistness
- Honey – a natural sweetener healthier than regular sugar with a delicious flavor
- Cinnamon & Vanilla – delicious flavor enhancers
- Eggs – acts as the binder
- Whole Wheat Flour – adds fiber and a hearty flavor
- Baking Soda/Salt – acts as leaveners
Recommended Kitchen Tools:
PIN ME FOR LATER
This Easy Healthy Banana Bread is made healthier with ripe bananas, cinnamon, honey, Greek yogurt, and applesauce for one delicious banana bread recipe you’ll love to make again and again! No one will ever guess that it’s refined sugar free, oil free, and butter free.
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce*
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (or all-purpose or gluten-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine mashed banana, Greek yogurt, applesauce, and sugar. Stir in vanilla and room temperature eggs.
- Next add the flour, salt, baking soda and mix until just combined and there are no remaining streaks of flour. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Pour the banana bread batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Immediately place pan onto a wire rack to cool before removing from pan and slicing.
- Store leftover banana bread slices in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. To re-heat, place banana bread in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until desired temperature.
*You can substitute an equal amount of oil (vegetable, canola, or olive oil) for the applesauce, however it will result in higher calories. As far as flavor goes, both taste delicious!
*To freeze banana bread slices, let cool completely and wrap each slice in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Place inside a freezer safe Ziploc bag and freeze. To thaw, place a slice or slices in the refrigerator to thaw overnight or if eating immediately, microwave for 30 seconds at a time until heated.
Keywords: banana bread, easy banana bread, healthy banana bread, easy healthy banana bread, greek yogurt banana bread, banana bread with applesauce, cinnamon banana bread
More Delicious Banana Recipes to Make:
Looking for More Breakfast Recipes? Try These Popular Ones:
- Graham Cracker Coffee Cake
- Homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins
- Apple Peanut Butter French Toast Rollups
- Mouthwatering Canned Biscuit Donuts
What do you think of my Easy Healthy Banana Bread recipe? Do you love banana bread too? Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for stopping by! – Cara
Pin This Post For Later