These Easy Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies are made with bananas, almond butter, and rolled oats for a delicious and healthy cookie for breakfast or dessert!
Easy Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies (No Flour)
Happy Friday! Today you’re in for a treat with my Easy Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies.
These healthy banana oatmeal cookies are soft, chewy, and delicious! They’re also incredibly easy to make with simple, clean-eating ingredients. They’re made with no flour, refined sugar free, and are SO delicious and satisfying whenever you have a craving for a sweet but healthy snack.
More Healthy Snacks:
Easy Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies
That’s where these Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies really come in handy because they fulfill my craving for cookies, but they’re still super healthy made oil-free, egg-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar free.
Even better, these healthy banana oatmeal cookies are also a delicious and quick breakfast for busy work days!
What Makes These Banana Oatmeal Cookies Healthy?
The base of this healthy banana oatmeal cookies recipe is really just 3 ingredients including bananas, rolled oats, and almond butter, but to add flavor and sweeten them up even more, you can add in vanilla, maple syrup, and top them with chocolate chips.
If I’m making these banana oatmeal cookies for breakfast, I’ll typically make them with just the 3 ingredients to keep them as healthy as possible.
If I’m making these banana oatmeal cookies for dessert, I like to amp up the flavor by adding in some vanilla, a splash of maple syrup, and of course some yummy chocolate chips on top.
You can easily switch up the ingredients according to your dietary needs/preferences and they’re delicious no matter how you make them!
- Bananas – Naturally sweet and a great source of potassium and fiber
- Rolled Oats – Great source of fiber and vitamins and adds the perfect soft + chewy texture to these cookies
- Natural Almond Butter – A healthier alternative to peanut butter with fiber, vitamins, magnesium, iron, and no sugar
- Vanilla – Adds a delicious flavor, without extra calories
- Pure Maple Syrup – Healthier than refined sugar with a load of vitamins and less calories than honey
- Chocolate Chips – I prefer topping mine with dark chocolate, but my kids love semi-sweet or milk chocolate
Kitchen Tools Needed for Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- Small Cookie Scoop
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Cookie Sheet
- Pre-Cut Parchment Paper
- Cooling Rack
- Cookie Airtight Storage Container
How to Store Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies
For optimal freshness, these banana oatmeal cookies should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will remain fresh for up to 5 days.
They can be ate cold or warmed in the microwave for 15-20 seconds for a warm, delicious treat!
Can I freeze these banana cookies?
Yes! These cookies freeze up wonderfully for up to 3 months.
After baking, let them fully cool and place in a large freezer safe bag or airtight container and freeze.
Cookies can be thawed in the fridge overnight or re-heated in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Easy Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies (No Flour)
Easy Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies are made with just 3 ingredients including bananas, almond butter, and rolled oats. No flour, no refined sugar, no butter! Add in some chocolate chips for a healthy dessert or breakfast treat!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 16 cookies 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2, large ripe bananas mashed (the riper the better!)
- 1/3 cup natural almond butter
- 2 cups rolled oats*
Optional Add-In Ingredients
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (or 1 1/2 tsp stevia)
- chocolate chips (dark, semi-sweet, or milk chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash two large, ripe bananas with a fork until mushy.
- Add in almond butter, vanilla, and maple syrup, and stir together until combined.
- Add in the rolled oats and fold until fully combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop and place 16 cookie balls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Use the bottom of a glass that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to flatten the cookies.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool completely before storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Use overripe bananas to make these cookies taste as sweet as possible. The riper the bananas = the sweeter the cookie!
- These cookies are made healthiest with just oats, banana, and almond butter. Maple syrup, vanilla, chocolate chips, and other add-ins such as nuts and seeds can be added for extra flavor and sweetness, but feel free to adjust to fit your dietary needs/preferences.
- If you don’t have rolled oats, you can use quick oats, but they will have a slightly different texture and won’t be as healthy.
- Cookies should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Keywords: healthy banana oatmeal cookies, easy and healthy banana oatmeal cookies, healthy banana cookies, banana oatmeal cookies, 3-ingredient banana cookies, clean eating banana cookies, healthy banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
MORE BANANA RECIPES TO TRY
- Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Bars
- Easy Healthy Banana Bread
I hope you enjoyed today’s recipe for my Easy Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies! Will you be making a batch of these healthy banana cookies soon? Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for stopping by! – Cara