Searching for THE BEST, easy chocolate chip cookie recipe to make for your family? Try my Mom’s Famous Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies for incredibly soft, gooey, and delicious chocolate chip cookies! These homemade chocolate chip cookies are made with self-rising flour and are SO EASY to make.
*this post contains affiliate links
Mom’s Famous Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Hey Everyone! Today you’re in for a serious treat with one of my favorite recipes of all time! In honor of Mother’s Day, I’m sharing with you my Mom’s Famous Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe, and let me tell ya- they’re absolutely DELICIOUS.
I know literally everyone out there always boasts to have the best chocolate chip cookies, but TRULY these are THE BEST homemade chocolate chip cookies, no contest.
These homemade chocolate chip cookies are oh so soft and ooey gooey thanks to these delicious chocolate chips, and trust me when I say you won’t be able to eat just one.
Oh, and in case you were wondering about the name, they really are famous! She won 1st place at our County Fair when she was only a teenager for her delicious and easy chocolate chip cookie recipe.
If you want to learn how to make my Mom’s Famous and Easy Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies, then keep reading for the full easy chocolate chip cookies recipe and a special gifting idea below for Mother’s Day!
More Cookie Recipes You’ll Love:
- Easy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Delicious Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- The Best Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- Easy Hershey Kiss S’mores Cookies
Easy Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
My Mom’s Famous and Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of my favorite treats to make (and eat), and beyond the delicious flavor they’re my favorite because they’re an easy homemade cookie recipe with few ingredients.
As someone who loves to bake and cook, I’m all about easy recipes that aren’t overly complicated and if you are too, you’ll love her simple chocolate chip cookie recipe. For as long as I can remember, my mom has always used self-rising flour in her cookie recipes and it makes things so much simpler.
Seriously, if you’ve never tried self rising flour cookies give these a try and you’ll never go back to using all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt again. They always turn out perfectly delicious and are so easy to make!
Best Tools to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Mixing Bowls
- Rubber Spatulas
- Electric Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Cookie Scoop Set
- Cookie Sheets
- Pre-Cut Parchment Paper
- Cooling Rack
- Cookie Airtight Storage Containers
For me, making my Mom’s cookies brings back so many childhood memories. I honestly think we all have that one food item that takes us all back, and for me it’s chocolate chip cookies.
I can remember countless times being in the kitchen with my two brothers and my Mom, making a huge batch of her easy chocolate chip cookies, and it was always so much fun to help mix up the batter, carefully scoop out the cookie dough on the pans, and wait anxiously until the timer went off and they were cool enough to eat.
There’s seriously nothing better than eating warm cookies with a cold glass of milk, and enjoying it with the people you love the most. And now, as a Mother myself, I get to share those wonderful traditions with my own two precious boys, and make special memories in the process.
Save This Post For Later
Searching for the best, easy chocolate chip cookie recipe to make for your family? Try my Mom’s Famous Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies for incredibly soft, gooey, and delicious chocolate chip cookies! These homemade chocolate chip cookies are made with self-rising flour and are so easy to make.
- 1 cup softened butter* (2 sticks)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (I like to use 1/2 light and 1/2 dark)
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 12 oz package chocolate chips
- Mix butter, egg, and vanilla in large mixing bowl
- Add in sugar and brown sugar until creamy consistency has been reached
- Slowly add in flour 1/2 cup at a time until combined
- Carefully stir in chocolate chips
- Spray cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper
- Evenly spoon out cookie dough balls onto cookie sheet
- Place in 375 degrees preheated oven for 8-11 minutes until the sides and bottom are a light golden brown
- Make sure your butter is softened to room temperature but not overly soft or melted. I usually set mine out a couple hours before I want to make my cookies.
- Dough can be refrigerated if you don’t want to bake your cookies immediately.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for up to 7 days
Keywords: cookies, chocolate chip cookies, easy chocolate chip cookies, easy homemade chocolate chip cookies, homemade cookies, self-rising flour cookies, best chocolate chip cookies
More Popular Cookie Recipes to Try:
- Magical Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
- Easy Butter Cookies
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- Christmas Peanut Butter Cookies: 4 Ways
Oh and isn’t my polka dot platter the cutest? My Mother-in-law bought it for me a few years ago and I just love using it for serving my warm, delicious cookies.
While I couldn’t find an exact replica of it online, this red one is made by the same brand and it’s such great quality!
A Mother’s Day Gift from the Heart
I don’t know about ya’ll but the most special gifts to me are the ones that are homemade. In case you want to make a batch of these delicious and easy homemade chocolate chip cookies for your own Mom, I created these cute little gift tags that can easily be printed at home on cardstock.
I purchased the jar from the Dollar Tree and used pink twine (also from Dollar Tree) to tie on the gift tag with a bow. You could also use these miniature mason jars, which would be SO cute!
Printable Mother’s Day Gift Tags
These jars full of chocolate chip cookies are such a cute and simple gift that’s made with love, and I think any Mother out there would definitely appreciate it (especially filled with my yummy chocolate chip cookies!) 🙂
Craving More Desserts? Check Out These Popular Recipes:
- Best Ever Cheesecake Peanut Butter Brownies
- Easy & Delicious Oreo Brownie Trifle
- Triple Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
Hope you loved today’s post on my Mom’s Famous Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies! I hope you’ll give these delicious and easy self-rising flour cookies a try the next time you’re craving chocolate chip cookies.
What special memories do you have with your Mom? Is there a particular food item that takes you back to your childhood? Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for stopping by!- Cara
Pin This Post