These Easy White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies are great for baking for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or anytime! They’re soft, chewy, and loaded with dried cranberries and white chocolate chips for an unbelievably delicious cookie.
Easy White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies – Soft & Chewy
Hey lovelies! Happy Tuesday and welcome to the first week of my second annual Cara’s Christmas Cookie Countdown!
In case you’re new here, I started this fun cookie countdown last year where each week leading up to Christmas I shared a new delicious cookie recipe. This includes both tried and true family favorites as well as new recipe creations.
For today, I’m so excited to share my Easy White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies. These white chocolate cranberry cookies are soft, chewy, and delicious, and the perfect cookie for making during the holiday season.
Make them for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or anytime you’re craving cranberries, and I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Related Recipe You’ll Love:
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
When it comes to cookies, I’m personally a huge fan of cookies that have that perfect balance of sweetness. These White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies are just that – perfect. The tartness of the dried cranberries adds a fun flavor component and does an amazing job of balancing out the sweetness of the white chocolate chips.
Plus, I love how pretty these cookies are for the holiday season. The white and cranberry color make for some beautiful cookies to serve on a big platter for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
And although I typically make these most often during the holiday months, they’re a breeze to make ahead and freeze for anytime you get a craving for them. In fact, I have a batch of dough in my freezer now – ready for baking whenever the craving strikes!
Soft White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
These White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies honestly couldn’t be more simple to make, and the hardest part is waiting for your dough to chill before baking them. Below, I’ve included a few helpful tips for ensuring your cookies turn out amazing!
Tips for Making White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- Use Room Temperature Butter & Eggs – This is a good rule of thumb for any baking recipe, but using room temperature ingredients will be a lot easier to mix in and incorporate.
- Refrigerate Your Dough – This is one of those cookie doughs you want to make sure you refrigerate before baking. I recommend letting the dough chill for a minimum of 1 1/2 hours before scooping out into balls using this cookie scoop.
- Use Parchment Paper/Baking Mat – I recommend using parchment paper or this silicone baking mat for even baking and a mess-free clean-up.
- Add White Chocolate Chips/Cranberries to the Top – If you want to make your cookies look super pretty, you can add a few white chocolate chips and dried cranberries to the top of each cookie before baking.
- Fun Mix-In Ideas – I kept these cookies pretty simple because they honestly don’t need anything else, but if you want you can always play around with the flavors and add in nuts, substitute milk or dark chocolate for the white, or add in some oats for extra texture.
- Store Leftover Cookies at Room Temperature – These cookies store great at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
How to Freeze Cookies (Baked and Unbaked)
To freeze these cookies after baking, let them cool completely and then place them in an airtight container or freezer safe bag. They will stay fresh for up to 3 months and can easily be thawed at room temperature or warmed on defrost in the microwave.
To freeze these cookies before baking, simply scoop the cookie dough into balls and place on a baking sheet in the freezer for 1 hour. Next, transfer them to an airtight container or freezer safe bag until ready to bake. These cookies can be baked straight from the freezer, but you may need to add an additional 1-2 minutes to your baking time.
Recommended Tools to Use:
- Mixing Bowls
- Rubber Spatulas
- Electric Hand Mixer
- Measuring Cups
- Cookie Scoop Set
- Cookie Sheets
- Pre-Cut Parchment Paper
- Cooling Rack
- Large White Serving Platter
- Cookie Airtight Storage Containers
Easy White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
Easy White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies are great for the holidays or anytime. Soft, chewy, and loaded with dried cranberries and white chocolate chips for an unbelievably delicious cookie!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 2 ¼ cups self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature *
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, combine softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar with an electric mixer and beat until creamy. Add in room temperature egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
- Next, add in cornstarch and flour 1/2 cup at a time and mix on low until incorporated. Lastly, stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chips until just combined.
- Cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 1/2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Once ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line large baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a small cookie dough scoop, scoop dough onto baking sheet and place at least 2 inches apart. If desired, add some cranberries or white chocolate chips to the tops of the cookie dough balls before baking.
- Bake cookies for 8-11 minutes or until the cookie edges are a light golden brown. Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- *To separate the egg yolk from the egg white, crack an egg over a bowl, and transfer the yolk back and forth between each shell halve, letting the whites fall into the bowl. I also love this handy egg separator.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Keywords: white chocolate cranberry cookies, easy white chocolate cranberry cookies, soft white chocolate cranberry cookies, dried cranberry cookies, white chocolate cookies, holiday cookies, easy cranberry cookies
Other Cookie Recipes You’ll Love
- Mom’s Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Delicious Peanut Butter Christmas Cookies
- The Best Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- Easy Christmas Butter Cookies
- Easy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
Check out all my best self rising flour recipes here!
I hope you enjoyed today’s recipe for my Easy White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies! Will you be making these for Thanksgiving or Christmas? Let me know in the comments below!
P.S. Don’t forget to head here to see all my previous Christmas Cookie Countdown recipes! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by! – Cara
Pin This Post