These delicious peanut butter Christmas cookies are a peanut butter lovers favorite cookie and perfect for cookie exchanges. Decorate with chocolate, sprinkles, peanut butter cups, and more!
*This post contains affiliate links
Delicious Peanut Butter Christmas Cookies
Hey everyone! It’s week 3 of my Christmas Cookie Countdown and today’s recipe is for all the peanut butter lovers of the world (AKA my husband). Today I’m sharing my recipe for Peanut Butter Christmas Cookies, which are soft, delicious, and bursting with an incredible peanut butter flavor.
These peanut butter Christmas cookies are super simple to make and can be decorated several ways, making them the perfect cookie choice for holiday gatherings and cookie exchange parties. Plus, these peanut butter cookies always look so pretty on a Christmas platter or on display in a glass cookie jar in your kitchen.
P.S. In case you missed it, check out week 1 and week 2 recipes of my Christmas Cookie Countdown below:
Delicious Peanut Butter Christmas Cookies
As with all my cookies in my Christmas Cookie Countdown, these delicious peanut butter Christmas cookies are so easy to make and the cookie dough smells so good you’ll totally want to eat it before baking. (Try to resist the urge though – ha!)
Our family loves these peanut butter cookies because they’re such simple recipe, but they can be decorated a variety of ways based on what everyone likes. My husband loves the classic peanut butter cookie plain, while I love them drizzled with melted milk chocolate, and the kids love them with a little something extra like sprinkles or Reese cups.
The decorating possibilities are endless with these peanut butter cookies and it’s a great way to use up extra baking ingredients you have in your pantry.
Here’s just a couple of quick tips to ensure your peanut butter cookies turn out amazing!
- For soft, thick peanut butter cookies it is best to chill the dough for at least 1 hour before baking to ensure cookies don’t spread out thin when baking. You can even chill the dough up to 2 days before baking.
- Use parchment paper or these silicone baking mats to get perfectly golden brown cookie bottoms without them sticking to the pan.
- Lightly press down on the dough balls with the bottom of a glass cup, and dip your fork in sugar before creating a criss-cross on each cookie.
- Fully cool the cookies on a cooling rack before decorating and let chocolate decorated cookies firm up at room temperature for at least 30 minutes – 1 hour before stacking them to avoid them sticking to each other.
Peanut Butter Christmas Cookie Decorating Ideas:
- Drizzle with Melted Milk Chocolate or White Chocolate
- Half Dip in Melted Milk or White Chocolate and Garnish with Sprinkles, Peanut Butter Cups, M&M’s, Chopped Nuts, or Miniature Chocolate Chips
- Drizzle with Strawberry or Grape Jelly for a fun spin on PB&J
- Press a Hershey Kiss on top after baking to make a Peanut Butter Blossom
Delicious Peanut Butter Christmas CookiesPrint
These delicious peanut butter Christmas cookies are a peanut butter lovers favorite cookie, and perfect for cookie exchanges. Decorate with chocolate, sprinkles, peanut butter cups, and more!
- 1 cup butter (Sweet Cream, Salted)
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- Decorating Ingredients:
- Milk Chocolate Melting Wafers
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Reese Cups
- Cream the softened butter, sugar, and brown sugar together in a bowl until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Lastly, add in the peanut butter and mix until creamy. Set aside
- In a separate bowl, toss the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together. Begin adding dry ingredients to the wet batter, 1/2 a cup at a time. The dough will be thick but soft. Cover dough tightly with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour (and up to 2 days) in the refrigerator before baking.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Using a small or medium cookie scoop, place balls of dough on the cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Lightly press down with the bottom of a glass cup and criss cross with a fork.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes (depending on size) or until cookies are lightly browned on bottoms and sides.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely before decorating.
- Decorate cookies using melted chocolate, sprinkles, peanut butter cups, and other ingredients, if desired.
Keywords: peanut butter cookies, peanut butter christmas cookies, christmas peanut butter cookies, easy peanut butter cookies, easy christmas cookies
Other Cookie Recipes You’ll Love
- Magical Peanut Butter M&M Christmas Cookies
- The Best Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- Easy Christmas Butter Cookies
- Mom’s Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies
Hope you enjoyed today’s recipe post with my Delicious Peanut Butter Christmas Cookies! Are you a total peanut butter lover too? Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for stopping by! – Cara
Pin This Post