Red velvet cake mix cookies are soft, chewy, and made with just 4 ingredients. The beautiful red velvet and white chocolate chips are perfect for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, or anytime you’re craving red velvet cake and cookies!
Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
Hey everyone! Hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving holiday! If you’re anything like me, you’re probably struggling to get back in the swing of things this week, but thankfully these yummy 4-Ingredient Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies will help save the day.
Today’s recipe for Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies is my 4th recipe in my Christmas Cookie Countdown, and it’s one of my personal favorites. I’ve always loved red velvet anything and when combined with white chocolate chips and put into cookie-form, you have yourself the absolute perfect combo. Plus, the red and white color looks so pretty and festive for Christmas!
More Cake Mix Recipes:
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Easy Cake Mix Donuts
- Loaded Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- Quick Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
Our family loves these red velvet cake mix cookies mostly for it’s delicious flavor, but being the busy gal I am, I love them because they’re seriously one of the easiest cookies you will ever make.
Don’t get me wrong, I love making extravagant cookies too, but sometimes I just want something super easy that doesn’t require me running to the grocery store to pick up 12 ingredients.
These red velvet cookies only require 4 simple ingredients including a red velvet cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs, and white chocolate chips, and you’ll be blown away with the yummy taste! The red velvet and white chocolate chips are simply made for each other and the soft and chewy texture from the cake mix is my favorite.
Serve these up with a tall, cold glass of milk, turn on your favorite Christmas movie (check out my Christmas Movie Countdown here), and you’ll be in the Christmas spirit in no time at all!
Pin For Later
Tips for Making Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- Refrigerate Your Dough – One thing to keep in mind when making any type of cake mix cookies is that your dough will be different from regular cookie dough. Instead of being buttery it will be sticky. This is why it’s super important to refrigerate your dough before rolling these red velvet cake mix cookies out and baking them. Not only will it make it easier to work with, but it will really help enhance the flavor and give you a better texture overall.
- Use Parchment Paper/Baking Mat – I recommend using parchment paper or this silicone baking mat for easy, mess-free baking!
- Add White Chocolate Chips to the Top – To make your cookies look super pretty, make sure you add 2-3 white chocolate chips to the top of each red velvet cookie before baking.
- Switch Up the Flavor – The fun thing about cake mix cookies is you can easily switch up the flavor of your cake mix and add-ins, depending on your flavor preference. Feel free to add peppermint chips, caramel chips, or even regular chocolate chips if desired.
- Store Leftover Cookies at Room Temperature – These red velvet cookies can easily be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
BEST TOOLS TO MAKE Red Velvet Cake COOKIES:
- Mixing Bowls
- Rubber Spatulas
- Electric Hand Mixer
- Measuring Cups
- Cookie Scoop Set
- Cookie Sheets
- Pre-Cut Parchment Paper
- Cooling Rack
- Large White Serving Platter
- Cookie Airtight Storage Containers
Can I Freeze Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies?
Yes, you can either freeze the unbaked cookie dough balls for up to 3 months, or freeze baked cookies for up to 1 month in a freezer safe bag. Bake uncooked cookie dough balls from frozen, adding an additional 1-2 minutes bake time.
To thaw baked cookies, set them on your counter and let come to room temperature before eating. You can also microwave them for 10-15 seconds to slightly warm them.
Red velvet cake mix cookies are soft, chewy, and made with just 4 ingredients. These beautiful red velvet cookies with white chocolate chips are perfect for Christmas or Valentine’s Day!
- 1 15.25-oz. box red velvet cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (plus 2–3 for the top of each cookie)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Using a blender, mix together the red velvet cake mix, oil, and eggs until combined. Stir in the white chocolate chips. The dough will be sticky.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Once ready to bake the cookies, scoop out about 2 tablespoons of dough and roll it into a ball. Place cookies on the baking sheet at least 2 inches apart and if desired, place 2-3 white chocolate chips on top of each.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your red velvet cookies with a glass of milk!
Keywords: Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies, Red Velvet Cookies, Red Velvet, Red Velvet Cake Cookies, Red Velvet White Chocolate Cookies, Christmas Cookies
Other Cookie Recipes You’ll Love
- Mom’s Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Delicious Peanut Butter Christmas Cookies
- The Best Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- Easy Christmas Butter Cookies
- Easy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
Hope you enjoyed today’s recipe for Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies! Are you a red velvet cake lover? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for stopping by! – Cara
Pin This Post