Featuring sweet and tart apples and a delicious peanut butter and oats crumble topping this Peanut Butter Apple Crumb Pie is the best apple crumb pie you’ll ever eat!
Peanut Butter Apple Crumb Pie
Hey everyone! Hope you had an awesome weekend. This past weekend I got my fall baking on and today I’m so excited to share with you my delicious Peanut Butter Apple Crumb Pie recipe with you.
Featuring a mix of tart and sweet apples and a decadent peanut butter and oats crumble topping this apple crumb pie is the perfect, delicious fall dessert!
Peanut Butter Apple Crumb Pie
I’m excited to share my Peanut Butter Apple Crumb Pie recipe with you today not only because it’s delicious but also because it’s my first time making an apple pie. I must say I’m quite impressed with how it turned out and it’s definitely one to add to the list of favorites.
If you’re like me and have always avoided making apple pies because you thought they were overly complicated, I’m here to reassure you that this peanut butter apple crumb pie is SO easy to make. It also features simple, everyday ingredients that most of you will already have in your pantry!
The base of this apple crumb pie is a mixture of fresh red gala apples and granny smith apples. Although you can totally choose whatever apples you like for your pie, I find this combination is the perfect balance of sweet and tart, plus it pairs marvelously with the peanut butter crumble topping.
To get started on this recipe, begin peeling and slicing up your apples into 1/4-inch slices. In case you’re wondering, my super adorable bamboo cutting board is from Personalization Mall and the cute personalization “Adding a Dash of Kindness to Every Meal” makes me oh so happy! Check it out over here.
Next it’s time to whip up your apple pie filling. Add together the sour cream, flour, salt, sugar, vanilla, and apples until well combined. Pour the filling evenly into 2 unbaked 9-inch pie crusts.
Then you’re going to create your peanut butter crumble topping. The crumble topping in my opinion is what makes this apple pie so incredibly delicious and it’s made with peanut butter, oats, flour, sugar, and cinnamon.
Once combined, sprinkle the yummy mixture right on top of the apple mixture and then it’s time for baking!
Take it from me, the hardest part about making this pie is smelling its heavenly aroma fill up your house and having to wait patiently for it to bake.
Buuut the wait is SO worth it because it tastes absolutely delicious! The tart apples and the sweet peanut butter make for the perfect apple pie combination and you’ll definitely want to make this Peanut Butter Apple Crumb Pie for your next fall gathering.
Top with some whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (or both if you’re feeling extra) and you have yourself the perfect, yummy fall dessert!
Peanut Butter Apple Crumb Pie RecipePrint
Featuring sweet and tart apples and a delicious peanut butter and oat crumble topping this Peanut Butter Apple Crumb Pie is the best apple crumb pie you’ll ever eat!
- 1 cup sour cream (8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup sugar (divided)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 cups peeled apples, thinly sliced (6–8 apples, depending on size)
- 2 unbaked 9-inch pie crusts
Peanut Butter Crumb Topping
- 1 cup quick-cooking or regular oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In large bowl, whisk together sour cream, 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, 2 tbsp flour, vanilla, and salt. Add peeled, diced apples and stir until well coated.
- Spoon apple mixture into unbaked pie crusts.
- Stir together oats, 3/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, microwave peanut butter and butter at 30 second increments until butter is melted.
- Add peanut butter/butter to oat mixture and mix until crumbs are formed. Sprinkle crumb mixture over apples.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until apples are tending and topping is golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Serve with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream, as desired.
- Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.
I hope you enjoyed today’s Peanut Butter Apple Crumb Pie recipe. It would make the perfect dessert for Thanksgiving or a holiday gathering! Are you an apple crumb pie fan too? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for stopping by!- Cara
P.S. If you loved today’s post, you might also love my Pumpkin Pie Streusel Bars over here
Pin This Post For Later