This delicious Peanut Butter Crumb Apple Pie is made with granny smith apples, red gala apples, and a peanut butter oat crumb topping. It’s the best Peanut Butter Apple Pie you’ll ever eat!
Apple Pie Filling
- 1 cup sour cream (8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup sugar (divided)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 cups peeled apples, thinly sliced (6–8 apples, depending on size)
- 2 unbaked 9-inch pie crusts
Peanut Butter Crumb Topping
- 1 cup quick-cooking or regular oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In large bowl, whisk together sour cream, 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, 2 tbsp flour, vanilla, and salt. Add peeled, diced apples and stir until well coated.
- Spoon apple mixture into unbaked pie crusts.
- Stir together oats, 3/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, microwave peanut butter and butter at 30 second increments until butter is melted.
- Add peanut butter/butter to oat mixture and mix until crumbs are formed. Sprinkle crumb mixture over apples.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until apples are tending and topping is golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Serve with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream, as desired.
- Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.
Keywords: peanut butter apple pie, peanut butter apple crumb pie, apple crumb pie, apple peanut butter pie, apple pie, peanut butter and apple pie, peanut butter crumb pie