This Triple Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars recipe post is sponsored by the National Peanut Board. I received compensation, but all opinions and content are 100% my own.
Triple Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
Calling all peanut butter lovers! Today I’m so excited to be sharing the most yummy peanut butter oatmeal bars recipe with you that are simply the perfect choice to make when you’re craving a peanut butter dessert.
My triple peanut butter oatmeal bars are thick, soft, and delicious and with triple the peanut butter flavor, you won’t be able to resist eating one. Even better, my peanut butter oatmeal bars use only simple, everyday ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and come together in less than 30 minutes!
Triple Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
True story: almost every time I make a dessert at my house both the kids and the husband always put in a request for one thing to be in it – peanut butter. I don’t know about your family, but peanut butter is a total staple in our pantry and we seriously can’t get enough!
From PB&J’s and peanut butter crackers for lunch to breakfast and dessert treats, the possibilities are endless with peanut butter, and I love that it’s such an affordable, nutritious, and delicious ingredient for my family. Did you know that there are eight powerful grams of protein, two grams of filling fiber, and 12 grams of unsaturated fat in each two-tablespoon serving? Pretty awesome, right?!
Well if you love peanut butter as much as we do, then you’ll totally love today’s recipe for my Triple Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars. These soft peanut butter oatmeal bars taste almost like an oatmeal cookie but come alive with the addition of peanut butter in the batter. But the peanut butter fun of course doesn’t stop there.
These peanut butter bars also feature a tasty peanut butter + brown sugar streusel that’s sprinkled and baked on top. And to finish it off, a creamy peanut butter drizzle creates a beautiful presentation and adds a light sweetness that makes these peanut butter oatmeal bars a fan favorite.
If all that sounds like a peanut butter dream come true to you, then let’s dive right into the recipe shall we?
Triple Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars Step-by-Step Recipe
First things first, you’re gonna want to grab your favorite creamy peanut butter from the pantry. To create the peanut butter oatmeal bars, start by mixing together the butter and sugars using a hand or stand mixer, then add in the egg, peanut butter, salt, and vanilla.
After that fold in the flour and oats by hand and press the mixture into an 8×8 baking dish that has been lined with parchment paper or sprayed with cooking spray. I highly recommend using parchment paper for easy cutting of the bars.
Next you’re going to create your peanut butter streusel using brown sugar, flour, peanut butter, and butter. Mix together well until a crumbly consistency forms, then sprinkle on top of the peanut butter oatmeal bars. Place the bars in a 350 degree preheated oven and bake for 25-28 minutes, or until the bars are lightly golden.
While the bars are baking, mix together your peanut butter drizzle using powdered sugar, peanut butter, and milk. Although the recipe calls for 2-4 tsp, note that you may have to add more or less milk depending on the weather and other variables. Add 1 tsp at a time and continue adding as needed until a light drizzle is reached.
Once the bars are fully cooked, remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature. Once cooled, it’s time to add that yummy peanut butter drizzle on top. I prefer using a sandwich bag or icing bag to drizzle it on, but feel free to use a spoon if that’s more your style.
I mean, do these peanut butter oatmeal bars not look amazing?! Just look at all that peanut butter deliciousness!
I love how the peanut butter drizzle makes the bars look so pretty and decadent and trust me when I say your family and friends will LOVE these triple peanut butter oatmeal bars.
Triple Peanut Butter Oatmeal BarsPrint
My triple peanut butter oatmeal bars are thick, soft, and delicious and with triple the peanut butter flavor, you won’t be able to resist eating one.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- 1/2 cup butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour ((can also substitute self-rising flour, just omit salt and baking soda))
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
Peanut Butter Streusel
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tbsp butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
Peanut Butter Drizzle
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2–4 tsp milk (additional milk may be added until light and creamy consistency is reached)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together butter and sugars using a stand or hand mixer. Add the egg, peanut butter, salt, and vanilla until well combined. Stir in the flour and oats until well combined.
- Spread batter in an 8×8 pan that has been lined with parchment paper or sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, peanut butter, and butter to make the streusel. Mix until a crumbly consistency is reached. Sprinkle over top the peanut butter oatmeal bars batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-28 minutes until bars are lightly golden
- While the bars are baking, mix the powdered sugar and peanut butter in a small bowl, and add in milk a teaspoon at a time until a drizzling consistency is reached. Set aside.
- Remove bars from oven and let cool to room temperature before adding the peanut butter drizzle over the bars. For an easy mess-free drizzle, place peanut butter drizzle in a sandwich or icing bag, snip a small area of the corner, and drizzle as desired. Let bars set for 10 minutes before cutting, then serve and enjoy!
- Store remaining peanut butter oatmeal bars in an airtight container.
I hope you enjoyed today’s recipe for my Triple Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars and that you’ll try making these the next time you get a peanut butter craving. And in case you’re looking for more delicious peanut butter recipe ideas for your next occasion, head here!
What do you think of my Triple Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars? Do you have a favorite peanut butter recipe? Let me know in the comments below and use the hashtag #HowDoYouPB!
Thanks for stopping by! – Cara