My triple peanut butter oatmeal bars are thick, soft, and delicious and with triple the peanut butter flavor, you won’t be able to resist eating one.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- 1/2 cup butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour ((can also substitute self-rising flour, just omit salt and baking soda))
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
Peanut Butter Streusel
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tbsp butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
Peanut Butter Drizzle
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2–4 tsp milk (additional milk may be added until light and creamy consistency is reached)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together butter and sugars using a stand or hand mixer. Add the egg, peanut butter, salt, and vanilla until well combined. Stir in the flour and oats until well combined.
- Spread batter in an 8×8 pan that has been lined with parchment paper or sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, peanut butter, and butter to make the streusel. Mix until a crumbly consistency is reached. Sprinkle over top the peanut butter oatmeal bars batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-28 minutes until bars are lightly golden
- While the bars are baking, mix the powdered sugar and peanut butter in a small bowl, and add in milk a teaspoon at a time until a drizzling consistency is reached. Set aside.
- Remove bars from oven and let cool to room temperature before adding the peanut butter drizzle over the bars. For an easy mess-free drizzle, place peanut butter drizzle in a sandwich or icing bag, snip a small area of the corner, and drizzle as desired. Let bars set for 10 minutes before cutting, then serve and enjoy!
- Store remaining peanut butter oatmeal bars in an airtight container.