Searching for the best, easy chocolate chip cookie recipe to make for your family? Try my Mom’s Famous Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies for incredibly soft, gooey, and delicious chocolate chip cookies! These homemade chocolate chip cookies are made with self-rising flour and are so easy to make.
- 1 cup softened butter* (2 sticks)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (I like to use 1/2 light and 1/2 dark)
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 12 oz package chocolate chips
- Mix butter, egg, and vanilla in large mixing bowl
- Add in sugar and brown sugar until creamy consistency has been reached
- Slowly add in flour 1/2 cup at a time until combined
- Carefully stir in chocolate chips
- Spray cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper
- Evenly spoon out cookie dough balls onto cookie sheet
- Place in 375 degrees preheated oven for 8-11 minutes until the sides and bottom are a light golden brown
- Make sure your butter is softened to room temperature but not overly soft or melted. I usually set mine out a couple hours before I want to make my cookies.
- Dough can be refrigerated if you don’t want to bake your cookies immediately.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for up to 7 days
Keywords: cookies, chocolate chip cookies, easy chocolate chip cookies, easy homemade chocolate chip cookies, homemade cookies, self-rising flour cookies, best chocolate chip cookies