These Skinny Cheesecake Swirl Brownie Muffins are so delicious and easy to make in just 25 minutes! These fudgy, bite-sized brownie muffins are swirled with delicious cream cheese and will become your new favorite afternoon snack!
Skinny Cheesecake Swirl Brownie Muffins
Looking for a healthier treat that still satisfies your sweet tooth? You’re in luck! Today I’m sharing my easy Skinny Cheesecake Swirl Brownie Muffins recipe, and they’re so delicious!
It’s no secret that I love the flavor combination of chocolate and cheesecake together (hello, Peanut Butter Cheesecake Swirl Brownies), and today’s recipe puts a healthier spin on traditional cheesecake brownies using better-for-you ingredients.
These Skinny Cheesecake Swirl Brownie Muffins are soft, delicious, and the perfect bite-sized afternoon pick-me-up when you’re craving something sweet. Rich, fudgy brownie muffins swirled with light and luscious cheesecake are sure to make your day better!
Check out my full recipe video on my Youtube Channel over here and keep reading below for all the details on how to make these easy and healthy brownie muffins.
Easy Cheesecake Swirl Brownie Muffins
These healthy brownie bite muffins are one of my favorite afternoon snacks lately paired with a hot cup of coffee. It’s just the right amount of chocolate and cheesecake to satisfy a sweet tooth craving, without over-indulging. And of course I love the mini muffin size, which tricks your mind into thinking you’re getting more if you eat 2 of them, but actually it’s the perfect healthy portion, and still a lot less than if you were eating a full sized brownie.
Plus these cheesecake swirl brownie muffins are oh so cute and I love how pretty the cheesecake looks swirled with the brownie batter.
Aside from the delicious flavor, wanna know the best part about these Skinny Cheesecake Swirl Brownie Muffins? They only take 25 minutes to make, start to finish!
Seriously, this recipe is easy peasy, and especially if you follow my helpful tips and video tutorial below, you’ll have a batch of these delicious brownie muffins made in no time!
4 Tips for Making The Best Cheesecake Swirl Brownie Muffins
- Use a sifter to add your cocoa and flour to your batter. My baking game completely changed once I started using a sifter for homemade baked goods. Not only does it remove out any dried clumps that you don’t want in your batter, but it makes the texture so light and airy. Sifters aren’t expensive, so do yourself a favor and buy one here. You can thank me later. 😉
- Don’t overmix your batter. I know I talk about this every time I make brownies or muffins on the blog, but it’s seriously THAT important. You want your muffins to be light, airy, soft, and fluffy, and if you overmix your batter, all you’re gonna have is hard, dry, tough muffins that no one wants to eat. Hand-mix until just combined, and not a second longer.
- Use cookie scoops and measuring spoons for putting your batter in your muffin tin. It makes the process so much quicker and mess-free. You’ll need a 1 tablespoon size cookie scoop for your brownie batter and a 1 tsp size measuring spoon for your cheesecake mixture.
- I get asked all the time, how do you get brownies out of muffin pans? If you spray your pan really well with cooking spray, your brownie muffins should just fall right out when you turn them over on a tray. But if you run into any issues, my favorite trick is using a small spoon. Simply place it in the tin under the brownie muffin and it pops right out.
Recommended Kitchen Tools:
- Glass Mixing Bowls
- Electric Mixer
- Silicone Spatula
- Mini Muffin Pan (24 Count)
- Wire Cooling Rack
- Small Cookie Scoop
- Magnetic Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Toothpicks (for swirling)
Easy Skinny Cheesecake Swirl Brownie Muffins are fudgy, bite-sized brownie muffins swirled with delicious, light cream cheese, for a healthier snack or dessert you’ll love!
Brownie Muffin Batter
- 1/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Self-Rising Flour
- 4 oz Light Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 24-count mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large glass mixing bowl, whisk together brown sugar, coconut sugar, applesauce, oil, vanilla, and egg until combined.
- Next, use a sifter and add in the cocoa and flour.*
- Stir your cocoa and flour with the wet ingredients until just combined and DON’T OVERMIX.* Set aside brownie batter, and begin preparing your cheesecake mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine your softened cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and egg yolk. Use an electric mixer and whisk for 1 minute or until smooth and creamy.
- Next, use a small cookie scoop or measuring spoon and place 1 tablespoon brownie batter into each mini muffin tin. Place 1 tsp cheesecake batter on top of each brownie muffin.
- Using a toothpick, swirl your batter. I recommend folding up the brownie batter on top first, and then swirl around to create the most perfect, beautiful swirl.
- Place your muffins in a preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. Once baked, let cool on a wire cooling rack for 5 minutes before removing to serve.
- Store any leftover brownie muffins in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
*Sifting these ingredients will help give your muffins a light, soft, and airy texture.
*As with all muffins/brownies, you never want to overmix your batter. Overmixing = dry baked goods. Instead, stir your ingredients until just combined.
Keywords: brownie muffins, easy brownie muffins, healthy brownie muffins, mini brownie muffins recipe, cream cheese brownies, brownie cheesecake muffins, brownie cheesecake swirl muffins, skinny brownie muffins, skinny brownie cheesecake muffins, skinny muffins, skinny brownies, cheesecake brownies, brownie bites
More Delicious Muffin Recipes:
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- Easy Cinnamon Sugar Banana Muffins
- Birthday Cake Muffins
More Desserts You’ll Love:
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
- Best Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake Bars
- Swirled Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
I hope you enjoyed today’s recipe for my Skinny Cheesecake Swirl Brownie Muffins! Do you love chocolate and cheesecake together too? Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for stopping by! – Cara
Pin This Recipe