Easy Pumpkin Spice Cookies are made with a yellow cake mix, quick oats, pumpkin pie spice, canned pumpkin puree, and topped with a delicious cinnamon maple glaze icing. These pumpkin spice cookies are soft, flavorful, and delicious!
Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 15 oz can 100% pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
Cinnamon Maple Glaze Icing
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yellow cake mix, quick cooking oats, and pumpkin pie spice. In a smaller mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, egg, and oil, and stir until smooth. Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop drop batter onto parchment paper lined baking sheets. Flatten the tops of each with the bottom of a glass cup that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are a light golden brown.
- Place on wire racks to fully cool.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, milk, and maple syrup until smooth. If needed, add additional tablespoons of milk until a thin glaze consistency is reached.
- Dip the tops of each cookie into glaze and place back on wire rack until glaze has set.
- Store any leftover cookies in a single layer in an airtight container, after fully cool and icing has set. If desired, you can also wait to glaze cookies until ready to eat.
Keywords: pumpkin spice cookies, easy pumpkin spice cookies, cake mix pumpkin spice cookies, soft pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cookies, easy pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cookies with glaze, pumpkin cinnamon cookies