These Easy Chocolate Chip Brookies combine rich, fudgy brownies with soft chocolate chip cookies into one delicious brownie bar! Brookies are the perfect dessert when you just can’t decide between brownies and cookies.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 18 oz boxed brownie mix, prepared as directed*
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (optional, but make the brownies taste incredible)
- Additional chocolate chips on top, if desired
- Combine softened, unsalted butter with light brown sugar, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer and mix until creamy and smooth.
- Slowly begin adding flour to mixture 1/2 batch at a time until well incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips and refrigerate cookie dough while you prepare your brownie batter.
- Prepare boxed brownie mix according to package directions, subbing milk for water, and adding chocolate chips to batter, if desired.
- Pour brownie batter into greased and parchment paper lined 9×13 cake pan.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, add cookie dough on top of the brownie batter.
- Using a spatula, carefully flatten cookie dough and begin lightly swirling cookie dough for a marbled effect. You can mix it around as much or as little as you want and it will turn out amazing!
- Bake in the oven at 325 for 40-45 minutes. It’s okay if the brookies are still slightly gooey in the center, they will continue to cook as they cool.
- Remove brookies from oven and if desired, top with additional chocolate chips. Let cool for 30 minutes before cutting with this knife and enjoy! Eat alone or serve with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with chocolate or caramel sauce.
*For creamier brownies, substitute milk for water in brownies
Keywords: brookies, brownies with cookie dough, cookie dough brownies, easy brookies, boxed mix brownies