Looking for the best pizookie recipe? Learn how to make my Delicious Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet that’s even better than a restaurant cookie skillet! Serve warm out of the oven and top with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup for an epic cast iron cookie dessert you’ll want to make again and again.
- 1 cup Butter (2 sticks softened at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Mini Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Chocolate Sauce
- Cut up your butter into smaller pieces and begin melting it in your cast iron pan over medium heat, stirring often. Once the butter is completely melted, it will form a foam and begin to sizzle around the edges.
- Continue stirring for about 3 more minutes until the butter turns a golden brown color and the foam has dissolved. Turn the heat to low and add in the sugar and brown sugar a spoonful at a time. Continue stirring until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Remove from heat and pour your brown butter and sugar mixture into a heat-proof bowl and place in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to cool.
- Once the brown butter and sugar mixture have cooled enough, pour back into your cast iron skillet and add the eggs and vanilla. Stir well until combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine your all-purpose flour, salt, and baking soda. Pour half into your cast iron dish and stir until combined. Add remaining half until cookie dough has formed.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips and sprinkle a few on top, if desired.
- Next place your cookie skillet into a preheated oven and bake at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until the edges are a golden brown and have slightly pulled away from the sides. The center of the cookie will still be slightly gooey and that’s okay. Once it cools it will firm up.
- Place cookie skillet on a cooling rack and let cool for a minimum of 15-30 minutes before serving. If desired, pinch a tiny bit of sea salt on top while cookie is still warm.
- Slice cookie skillet, top with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup, and enjoy!
Unless you and your family/friends will be eating the entire cookie skillet, I recommend slicing and serving out individually with the toppings. This way, you can store any leftover cookie slices in an airtight container at room temperature.
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet, Cast Iron Cookie, Skillet Cookie, Pizookie, Cast Iron Chocolate Chip Cookie, Chocolate Chip Cookie, Brown Butter Cookie, Skillet Cookie Recipe