These Easy Christmas Butter Cookies are a classic Christmas cookie you’ll love to bake every year. These butter cookies are easy to make with simple ingredients, and soft, buttery, and delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar or christmas sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda, and set aside
- Cream softened butter and sugar until well combined. Add the egg and vanilla and mix together well.
- Begin adding the flour mixture to the wet mixture, 1/2 a cup at a time. Continue stirring until flour no longer shows.
- Pour sprinkles or sugar (if making plain) into a shallow bowl.
- Use a small to medium sized cookie scoop to create balls
- Press one side into the sugar or sprinkles and place sprinkle side up onto a parchement paper lined baking sheet, at least 1 1/2″ apart from each other.
- Bake butter cookies for 12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Place on cooling rack before placing in an airtight container to store. Enjoy!
*You can also create smaller cookies if desired, but the larger size will create a softer texture.
Keywords: christmas butter cookies, butter cookies, christmas cookies, easy christmas cookies, christmas butter cookies with sprinkles, christmas cookies with sprinkles, butter cookies with sprinkles