Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff is creamy, delicious, and made with light sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, beef broth, ground beef, and tender egg noodles. Even better this ground beef stroganoff takes less than 25 minutes to make and the whole family will love it!
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef (I use 85/15 Hamburger Meat)
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Low-Sodium Beef Broth
- 1 cup Light Sour Cream
- 1 can Fat-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Parsley, to taste
- Egg Noodles, cooked according to package directions
- Start by bringing a large pot of water to boil and cook your egg noodles according to the package instructions.
- While your noodles are boiling, begin browning your ground beef over medium heat in a large cast iron skillet until the beef is fully cooked and no pink remains. If desired, add in and cook fresh mushrooms and diced onion with the ground beef. Once fully cooked, drain beef and set aside.
- Using the same skillet as before, begin melting butter in the pan over medium heat. Once melted, add flour and stir until combined.
- Using a large whisk, add in beef broth and begin stirring vigorously to remove lumps. Turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Lower heat to medium and add the cream of mushroom soup, stirring until combined. Lastly, stir in the sour cream and season to taste. I love adding salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder, and if I want a little kick will sometimes add some paprika.
- Once you’ve seasoned it to perfection, re-add the cooked ground beef, stir, and let simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add your drained noodles to the pan and stir until well combined. If desired, top with fresh parsley and enjoy!
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for larger families or for leftovers
- Store any remaining leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: ground beef stroganoff, easy ground beef stroganoff, hamburger stroganoff, easy hamburger stroganoff, beef stroganoff, sour cream beef stroganoff, ground beef dinner recipes, easy ground beef recipes, beef stroganoff with egg noodles