- 1 15.25 oz boxed white cake mix (prepared with ingredients as box directs)
- 2 3 oz boxes of strawberry jello
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 8 ounces whipped topping (homemade or cool whip)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, diced or sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 9×13 glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Prepare cake mix batter in a large mixing bowl according to package instructions and place in the oven as directed.
- Once cake has fully baked, remove from oven and let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon, gently poke holes evenly across the entire cake.
- Next mix together two 3 ounce boxes of strawberry jello mix with 1 1/2 cups (boiling) hot water. Stir until the jello has completely dissolved. Next add 1 cup of cold water and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour jello mixture evenly over the cake, then cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for 2-4 hours. *If easier than pouring, use a large spoon to drop the jello mixture evenly across the cake.
- While cake is refrigerated, clean and slice or dice strawberries, and (if desired) add a teaspoon or two of sugar to sweeten them. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to decorate/serve.
- Remove cooled cake from the refrigerator and spread either homemade whipped topping or 1 8 ounce tub of cool whip on top with a spatula.
- Re-cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Top with your diced or sliced strawberries, slice, and enjoy!
*Store any leftover cake covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: strawberry jello poke cake, strawberry poke cake, strawberry cake, strawberry cake with jello, strawberry jello cake, poke cake, poke cake with jello, easy strawberry cake