My Cheesy Taco Pasta with Cream Cheese is easy and delicious! This creamy taco pasta skillet recipe is made with beef, cheese, pasta shells, and taco seasoning and takes just 20 minutes to make.
- 1/2 Box of 16 oz Shell Pasta Noodles
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef or Turkey – 80/20 or above preferred
- 1 envelope low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 block cream cheese (4 oz.) – I use 1/3 fat version
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (Cheddar, Mexican Blend, or Monterey Jack)
- Begin boiling pasta according to package instructions.
- Brown ground beef in pan until fully cooked; Drain; Place beef back into pan and add taco seasoning and water. Stir well and let simmer on medium heat until liquid has reduced. (About 5 Minutes)
- Cut ½ block of cream cheese into small squares and add into ground beef taco mixture. Begin stirring in cream cheese and increase heat to medium/high until all cheese has been incorporated and sauce is creamy.
- Remove ground beef from heat; Drain pasta; Add pasta to ground beef and cream cheese mixture and stir until combined. Stir in 1 cup of cheese and mix until combined.
- Top taco pasta with remaining ½ cup of cheese and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is perfectly melted.
- If desired, top your cheesy taco pasta with fresh herbs, salsa, and sour cream for added flavor, and pair with a salad for a delicious weeknight meal.
How to Store Leftover Cheesy Taco Pasta
Refrigerator – Cool completely and store any leftover cheesy taco pasta in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat, place individual servings in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds or until warm.
Freezer – Store in a freezer safe bag for up to 3 months.
Once ready to eat, thaw in the fridge and re-heat individual servings in microwave for 30 second intervals or until warm.
Keywords: Taco Pasta, Cheesy Taco Pasta, Creamy Taco Pasta, Ground Beef Pasta, Taco Pasta Skillet, Taco Pasta Recipe, Easy Taco Pasta, Weeknight Dinner, Easy Dinner Recipe, Cheesy Pasta