Looking for a delicious pasta recipe the whole family will love? Try my Easy Weeknight Cheesy Taco Pasta recipe that features creamy taco pasta with beef, cheese, and taco seasoning, and only takes 20 minutes to make!
Easy Weeknight Cheesy Taco Pasta
As a busy mom, I love making meals during the week that are delicious, flavorful, and most of all easy to make. This Easy Weeknight Cheesy Taco Pasta is one of our family’s favorite and most requested pasta dishes, and is sure to fulfill your taco cravings!
This cheesy taco pasta recipe combines the wholesomeness of pasta with the delicious flavors of cheesy, beef tacos and will be enjoyed by even the pickiest eaters out there. This taco pasta is made with light cream cheese and makes for a healthy balanced meal when paired with a salad and corn.
Even better, you can have this creamy, cheesy taco pasta on your table in 20 minutes or less, making it the perfect meal for busy weeknights.
More Easy Dinner Recipes to Try:
- Pepperoni Pizza Lasagna Roll-Ups
- Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
- Healthy Instant Pot Hamburger Soup
Easy Cheesy Taco Pasta Recipe
This delicious, cheesy taco pasta couldn’t be any easier to make! All you need is 1 pound of ground beef or ground turkey, 8 ounces of pasta noodles (I prefer shells since it soaks up the sauce), 1 packet of low sodium taco seasoning, 1/2 a block of reduced fat cream cheese, and 1 cup shredded cheese.
After you’ve browned and drained your meat, cooked your pasta shells, and made your sauce, simply combine, top with cheese, and bake in a casserole dish, until the cheese melts. I absolutely love these gorgeous ceramic baking dishes for casseroles and pasta dishes, and they’re dishwasher safe. (Plus they look really pretty for serving!)Print
Looking for a quick pasta recipe the whole family will love? Try my Easy Weeknight Cheesy Taco Pasta recipe that features creamy taco pasta with beef, cheese, and taco seasoning.
- 1/2 16 oz Box of Small Shell Pasta Noodles
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef or Turkey (80/20 or above preferred)
- 1 envelope low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 block reduced fat cream cheese ((4 oz.))
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Cheddar, Mexican Blend, or Monterey Jack)
- Begin boiling pasta according to package instructions.
- Brown ground beef in pan until fully cooked; Drain; Place beef back into pan and add taco seasoning and water. Stir well and let simmer on Medium heat until liquid has reduced. (About 5 Minutes)
- Cut ½ block of cream cheese into small squares and add into ground beef mixture. Begin stirring in cream cheese and increase heat to medium/high until all cheese has been incorporated and sauce is creamy.
- Remove ground beef from heat; Drain pasta; Place hot pasta into casserole dish and stir in ½ cup of cheese. Add in taco mixture and mix well.
- Top taco pasta with remaining ½ cup of cheese and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is perfectly melted.
- Pair it with a delicious salad and enjoy this easy and delicious weeknight meal!
Optional: Top your taco pasta with fresh herbs or salsa for added flavor
Keywords: Taco Pasta, Cheesy Taco Pasta, Ground Beef Pasta, Weeknight Dinner, Easy Dinner Recipe, Pasta
Delicious Taco Pasta Substitutes or add-Ins:
Don’t have any ground beef on hand? Try these yummy substitutes or add-ins to spice up the flavor in this taco pasta even more!
- Grilled Chicken
- Ground Turkey
- Black Beans
- Fresh Salsa
- Sautéed Peppers
- Sautéed Onions
Check out some of my other amazing dinner recipes over here
Hope you enjoyed today’s Easy Weeknight Cheesy Taco Pasta Recipe and I hope you’ll give it a try this week! Would your family love this taco pasta recipe? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for stopping by!- Cara
Pin This Post For Later