Love hamburger helper? Try my easy, homemade one-pot cheeseburger pasta recipe for meaty, cheesy, and delicious meal in under 30 minutes!
Easy Cheeseburger Pasta Recipe (One Pot)
Busy days call for delicious and simple dinners the whole family will love and Easy Cheeseburger Pasta has quickly grown to be a favorite in our household!
Today I’m excited to share my Easy Cheeseburger Pasta Recipe which is my delicious homemade version of cheeseburger hamburger helper.
This Cheeseburger Pasta is made with simple ingredients in one pot, takes only 30 minutes to make, and is so cheesy, meaty, and delicious!
Serve up this hamburger helper cheeseburger macaroni pasta with a side of green beans, salad, and my cheddar garlic biscuits, and you’ll have yourself a yummy, comforting dinner you’ll want to make again and again.
Keep reading for the full recipe for this Cheeseburger Pasta recipe, and check out my Youtube video tutorial over here.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my Youtube channel here for weekly recipes!
Easy Cheeseburger Pasta Recipe
Who here grew up eating Hamburger Helper meals?
I totally did and the Cheeseburger Pasta one was one of my favorites!
Today’s Homemade Cheeseburger Pasta Recipe is inspired by the Hamburger helper version, but much better for you and way more delicious.
What is Cheeseburger Pasta?
This Easy Cheeseburger Pasta features a delicious combination of ground beef, cheddar cheese, tender macaroni noodles, and a creamy tomato and herb sauce that tastes just like a loaded cheeseburger.
My cheeseburger pasta is way better than Hamburger Helper boxed meals not only because it’s made with all real ingredients and none of that processed powdered stuff, but also because it tastes incredible.
Plus, it’s super easy to make because you only need one pot, which means less dishes and more time to enjoy with your family! (total win in my book)
What pot do you recommend to make Cheeseburger Pasta?
One of the best things about this cheeseburger pasta is you only need one pot to make it!
I personally use and 110% recommend this awesome cast iron dutch oven pot.
I use it all the time for making stews, soups, and pastas, and it’s super easy to clean and re-heat in.
The lid also makes it great for storing leftovers in the fridge.
What’s the best pasta shell for Cheeseburger Pasta?
I prefer using macaroni (elbow noodles) because they cook up quickly but you can use just about any type of noodle.
Rotini, shells, or penne pasta noodles would all be great!
What ingredients do you need for Cheeseburger Pasta?
- Lean Ground Beef – I prefer using 80/20 or 85/15
- Macaroni Noodles – My favorite quick-cooking noodles and kids love them!
- Seasonings – Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder all adds delicious flavor
- Beef Broth – Adds moisture and really enhances the flavor of the beef
- Canned Tomatoes & Tomato Sauce – Adds a rich, heartiness and is an easy way to get veggies in your kids!
- Ketchup & Mustard – This cheeseburger pasta isn’t really complete without these two ingredients and they perfectly balance one another. That said, if you don’t like mustard, feel free to lessen the amount or omit, if desired.
- Milk – Makes the pasta extra creamy
- Cheddar Cheese – I mean, it’s in the name so we can’t skip this ingredient, right?
Optional Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper Add-Ins:
These simple and delicious add-ins can really take your cheeseburger pasta to the next level!
- Diced Onion
- Chives or Green Onion
- Chopped Cooked Bacon
- Chopped Pickles
Cheeseburger Pasta Variations
Want to change up the flavor a little? Try out these easy and yummy variations below!
Instead of cheddar, try using another cheese or a combination of cheeses.
American, Swiss, Mozzarella, Gruyere, Havarti, or Colby Jack would all be yummy.
Trade the ketchup for barbecue for a sweeter flavor.
Add Some Heat
Instead of regular canned, diced tomatoes, use fire roasted tomatoes or tomatoes with green chiles added for a bit of a kick.
You can also add in some chopped jalapeños.
Does this Cheeseburger Pasta have to be baked?
If your oven is already warm, you can definitely pop it under the broiler for a few minutes to brown the cheese, but the residual heat in the pot will melt the cheese just fine.
How to store leftover Cheeseburger Pasta:
Store leftovers in the refrigerator and re-heat by placing individual servings in the microwave or reheat entire pot over medium heat on the stove and add a little bit of milk to make it creamy again.
Can cheeseburger pasta be frozen?
Yes, you can store this pasta in a freezer safe bag for up to 3 months.
How to Make Easy Cheeseburger Pasta (Copycat Hamburger Helper Recipe)
Below I’ve included step by step instructions on how to make cheeseburger pasta, as well as all the recommended kitchen tools you’ll need.
Recommended Kitchen Tools:
Next, return to heat and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stir until combined.
Add in the beef broth, canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, and ketchup. Turn the heat up to high and bring the pot to a boil.
Once boiling, add in the macaroni noodles and cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until the liquid has absorbed down some and the noodles are al dente.
Next, lower the heat to medium-low and add in the mustard, milk, and 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until combined and place lid on the pot.
Let sit for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the cheese has completely melted.
Remove lid and remove from heat. If desired, add an additional 1/2 cup of cheese on top and broil in the oven for 3 minutes until melted to a light golden brown.
Top with chopped green onion or any additional toppings and enjoy!
Before printing out today’s recipe, be sure and check out some of my other yummy pasta recipes below!
More Pasta Recipes
- Easy Cheesy Taco Pasta
- Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Pepperoni Pizza Lasagna Roll Ups
- Easy Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- Philly Cheesesteak Pasta Skillet
- Easy Pizza Casserole
One Pot Cheeseburger Pasta Recipe and Video TutorialPrint
Love hamburger helper? Grab my Easy Cheeseburger Pasta Recipe which is even better! My easy, homemade one-pot cheeseburger pasta recipe is meaty, cheesy, and delicious and made in under 30 minutes time.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (80/20 or better)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 8 oz. no salt added tomato sauce
- 4 Tablespoons ketchup
- 16 ounces macaroni noodles
- 1 1/2 tsp mustard (I used Dijon mustard)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large oven-safe pot, cook the ground beef on medium heat until no longer pink. Remove from heat and drain off any excess fat in a colander.
- Next, return to heat and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stir until combined.
- Add in the beef broth, canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, and ketchup. Turn the heat up to high and bring the pot to a boil.
- Once boiling, add in the macaroni noodles and cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until the liquid has absorbed down some and the noodles are al dente.
- Next, lower the heat to medium-low and add in the mustard, milk, and 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until combined and place lid on the pot. Let sit for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the cheese has completely melted.
- Remove lid and remove from heat. If desired, add an additional 1/2 cup of cheese on top and broil in the oven for 3 minutes until melted to a light golden brown.
- Top with chopped green onion or any additional toppings and enjoy!
- Recipe can easily be doubled if desired.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator and re-heat by placing individual servings in the microwave or reheat entire pot on the stove and add a little bit of milk to make it creamy again.
Keywords: cheeseburger pasta, easy cheeseburger pasta, hamburger pasta, hamburger helper pasta, cheeseburger hamburger helper, copycat hamburger helper, cheeseburger macaroni pasta, one pot cheeseburger pasta, one pot pasta, easy pasta recipe
More Quick + Easy Dinner Ideas
I hope you enjoyed today’s recipe for my Easy One-Pot Cheeseburger Pasta! Are you a pasta lover too?
Do you know someone in your family who would LOVE this Cheeseburger Pasta? Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for stopping by! – Cara
Pin This Post