These healthy banana bars are a delicious banana recipe, made Paleo friendly and gluten-free with bananas, coconut flour, cashew butter, applesauce, and dark chocolate chips. You’ll absolutely love these easy and healthy banana bars for breakfast or dessert!
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2–3 bananas)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cashew butter, plus 1 tbsp (divided) *
- 1/2 cup applesauce (unsweetened or sweetened depending on preference)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (or pumpkin pie spice)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 7″ x 11″ glass baking dish with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas, eggs,1/4 cup of cashew butter, stirring until creamy.
- Add in the applesauce, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg and stir until blended.
- Stir in the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until fully combined.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips and transfer the combined mixture to the glass baking dish.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until the top and edges are lightly browned.
- Once the bars are fully baked, remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes.
- While the banana bars are cooling, melt 1-2 tbsp of cashew butter in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until it reaches a creamy,drizzle consistency.
- Drizzle cashew butter on top of the banana bars and cut into squares for serving.
- If desired, you can substitute cashew butter with any nut butter or nut-free butter of your choice, if desired. (Almond Butter, Sunflower Seed Butter, or Peanut Butter if not Paleo)
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for 3- 4 days. You can also freeze leftover banana bars in a freezer safe bag.
Keywords: Banana Bars, Healthy Banana Bars, Chocolate Chip Banana Bars, Healthy Banana Recipes, Paleo Banana Recipes, Banana Breakfast Bars, Banana Desserts, Paleo, Gluten-Free